Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought id give it a spruce up as the old paint was starting to wear through with all the tinkering :D

The colour contrast between the spark plug cover and the rest was not intentional, I am just crap at painting anything, but I am happy with it :)

Should I "detail" the text, and if so, what colour. I am thinking white, red, black or back to bare metal...

·
Registered
996 Posts
has t be red :)
just posted about this myself any tips or a guide to how you did it? cleaning products? paint?
did you have to remove it all? cheers

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
has t be red :)
just posted about this myself any tips or a guide to how you did it? cleaning products? paint?
did you have to remove it all? cheers
I used high temp paint from Halfords - it goes on to bare metal, no need for primer. For the the cam cover and inlet manifold I removed them and wire brushed all the dirt off them, its hard to get them 100% clean. I the wiped them down with white spirit and sprayed up.

For the oil vapour pot I removed them and sandblasted them (and covered my Dads Spider in grit:eek::rolleyes:) then painted.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers celadon :thumbs:

Now I am not sure...Im thinking a the red or a very very dark grey might do it...its easy to change if I dont like it though :D Dremal time!

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
looks fantistic :cool: :cool: :cool: ....the white is cool

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Looking good AJ. :cool:

Why is the front slam panel white? :confused:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts