Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for a little advice from you experts please.
I've decided that I want a 159:D, been looking for a while but just not found the right deal with my Peugeot 407 as a trade in.
Anyway, I have looked over a 2008 (08) red 2.4 Qtronic, with sat nav, 57,000 miles, Alfa service history to 31,000, not had cam belt change. Car is immaculate inside and out and seems fine when driving. It is a private sale but the guy will take my 407 off my hands.
Works out at £8k for the car, does this seem like a good price?
Would appreciate your opinions.

Many Thanks :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
if is a private sale and if he is taking your 407 than he really wants to sell, not for the money ,but to get it out of his hands... I would think. or he is doing the buisness as private (although he is a trader), in order not to give you garantee. some trades sell private in ebay not to give garantee... if I was selling mine I wouldn t trade it for a 407 and have the trouble to sell it... or he needs cash fast , and in that case you can lower the price...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply Joomoo,
he calls himself a part-time trader, and does sell on Ebay. He is only offering what I would get trade on the 407 anyway. Obviously no warrenty.
I couldn't fault the car at all and am very tempted...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for the reply Joomoo,
he calls himself a part-time trader, and does sell on Ebay. He is only offering what I would get trade on the 407 anyway. Obviously no warrenty.
I couldn't fault the car at all and am very tempted...
pay a bit more or trade yours a bit under the price in a place where they give you warrenty, if you read the forum you will notice that everybody either buying new or under warrenty , end up using it sooner or later.

small problems end up costing money do to handwork. for ex interior trim noises, ...

alfas give as much problems as other for ex. German brandmarks (my sister has 2009 bmw 3.20d, and had more problems ), the problem with all recent cars is that sometimes you have to change a lot of parts until you find the real problem ,and ends up to be a wire or a sensor (even with ecu scan), it will cost you money you do not need to spend.

Buy with warrenty, even if it has more miles.

you will end up saving money, and you can fix all the stuff you find it is wrong for free.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You have to ask why he is selling it privately? Is something not right with it?

If you can knock him down on price then put that money aside for a just in case pot. If he won't come down then be wary. My 08 Lusso is back at the dealers for the third time and believe me that both test drives were great. Glad I didn't buy private!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts