Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am now the owner of a 155... Thanks for all your help before I bought it! Not sure how to post up pictures of it, but have given it a go!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
Nice photos...nice 155...:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Looking good allanh :thumbs:

If you need any help, someone on here usually has the answers , or you could try the other 155 site

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
excellent choice. looks great.

:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
@ Alfa155TS, thats a 145 cloverleaf badge mate, the 155 'cloverleaf' was the cloverleaf 4 or Q4.

@allanh, nice choice it looks to be a good clean honest motor from the pics.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys... It seems a great car! Also pretty quick... Is the speedo accurate??? 60mph comes up easily...!
2nd gear! As for the steering, almost perfect!
So its not a proper cloverleaf... Its a 2.0 16v, cloth interior, no aircon, no sunroof, elec front windows, Momo wheel and gear knob and 16" black speedlines.... I believe its a sport then?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks guys... It seems a great car! Also pretty quick... Is the speedo accurate??? 60mph comes up easily...!
2nd gear! As for the steering, almost perfect!
So its not a proper cloverleaf... Its a 2.0 16v, cloth interior, no aircon, no sunroof, elec front windows, Momo wheel and gear knob and 16" black speedlines.... I believe its a sport then?
It's a real sports saloon....not many so focused these days! It's mile munching abilities for such an old design (and one that has more Fiat dna than alfa) are outstanding.....I use my all the time on regular 300+ mile dashes across mixed roads...not a lot will keep with it on the twisty bits!

60 is about 8 - 9 seconds from memory on 16v TS.....not bad for an old smoker:thumbs: speedo accuracy is not bad - mine readss between 4 - 6% fast dependent on speed (when compared to the GPS speedo...assuming that's accurate!)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Aye, they're great cars ...

Just make sure you check the oil level regularly, I would do it every week, and especially after a long journey or a full spirited drive.

Keep the oil towards the TOP level marker.
Obviously keep all the other fluids up to their levels.

Make sure you get the belts/tensioners, and possibly variator changed every 36,000.
That should make your motoring life a joy for longer.

And keep smiling :D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
you cant go wrong with a 155. I think its a bit more special than the others as you just don't see em that often. Maybe cos most are sat on my drive!!!! lol

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
That reminds me I really must update the Avatar so all my cars are on it! feeling a bit sheepish in the 155 forum with 156s plastered all over my sig!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
That looks great... I also found one that I am more than just contemplating to buy..... in that colour. I also have a set of black Speedlines in reserve with a frriend, so my car will look exactly like yours..... Just need to save up so cash, the owner will wait for me.

It will be great to have my bum in a 155 again, its been 7 years..........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts