Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just joined as I have an R plate 146Ti 2.0 In red met with black momo leather. 70K on the clock.

We have had the car a couple of months now but it just died on us. Cam belt snapped. Hence why I am here for help!

Cheers

John

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
steveisfrowning said:
hi John, sorry to hear the bad news.

Have you a local indie Alfa mechanic to talk to?
Hi

No not as such. There is Willie Dick in Wolverhampton.

I was hoping I might get some help on here.

I started a thread about it and read a few of the other Alfa cambelt horror stories and its put me under a proper dark cloud :cry:

Beginning to wonder if its actually worth bothering to fix the engine.

I love Alfa TS but they seem to have reputation (not undeserved it would seem) for being about as likely, to suddenly down tools and stop working, as our local plumber!

I can't help but recount a tale that was told to me about a Alfa Salesman in a dealership. Apparently he would often get people coming in to enquire about buying Alfa's. They often would recount tales of past models they owned that rotted so badly that when you braked the windscreen fell out and all sorts of other major problems. YET it still never put them off buying another as there seemed to be something addictive about them that drove you back time and time again. That they knew they were buying trouble and throwing good money after bad. Yet it was uncanny that it did not seem to put them off and they kept coming back in the false belief that the next Alfa was going to finally be the one - a perfect Alfa!

I can't help but feel a little bit of this addiction. You know its wrong and common sense should be telling you to run a mile... but you can't help yourself...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard. Never had any major mechanical probs just a few nigly electrical ones that sorted themselves out. As you say - we keep going back for the something special!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts