Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
dsmillie432 said:
My immediate subcontious choice :) .... but what about the cleaning?
Spokes - but be prepared to spend as long getting them shiny as the whole of the rest of the car :rolleyes:

Or get someone else to do that bit ;)

Worth it though :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well, thanks for all the advice.

Quite plain to see it is a very subjective thing..

So I think I'll go with my first choice of
Alfa Red with Black/Grey Leather 17" Spokes, BOSE
no to the satnav+ stuff ... will stick with my PN Destinator software on PDA/GPS.
Definate parking Sensors... going by the lack of any rear view :(
Ah yes ... and Winter Pack .. got to keep the old butt warm in the winter. :eek:

Well, all I need to do now is find a good deal for the above.
Been reading all about some of the trials and tribulations about SmartAlfa and the like (broadspeed etc). The prices look good, but I'm a bit wary of handing over a bundle of readies, if there is the slightest hint of problems. Looking for an easy, stress free transaction... after all it was over 8 years since my last car purchase! Not too sure if a
pre-registered low ( <20 ) miles car would be a wise move...
Any thoughts? I intend to keep the car for 8 years at least, so maybe depreciation and owners is not really a worry (unless I have to change my mind in 2-3 years time).

:)
PS Anyone want to see a pic of what a Renault 5 driver did to my poor old Almera in 2004?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Good choice....but regarding parking sensors - have a look at a GT with them first, you may be disappointed as they really notice and I think they ruin the look of the back of the car.

The visability is rubbish, but I'm getting used to it and TBH I find parallel parking the worst and parking sensors wouldn't really help. Reverse parking into parking spaces is fine now I've got used to the car's lines.

If you really want sensors there are ones you can get fitted afterwards which fit behind the bumper so don't show - but I really don't feel that I need them. I was worried when I first picked up my GT that I hadn't taken the option of parking sensors, now I'm really glad I didn't fork out the extra money for it.

And let's see that damage to your Almera then ;)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts