Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just joined this forum in search of any comments of the Alfa GT (1.9 JTDm). Looking at getting one to replace my 9 year old Almera :lol: GTi.

Any advise on which options to go for? 17 or 18" wheels..etc
Also .. anyone have this CONNECT+ system? Tried to find some in-depth info on it but to no avail. All I can find is that it is SAT NAV + Phone A Friend! :)

Dave S :)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Welcome to AO, Dave :)

I have not had the pleasure of driving a GT, so I cannot help you with your purchase choice, but I am sure someone will be along soon who has one.

Most people say that the 17" wheels are the best, as the 18"ers will give a harsher ride.

Anyway, good luck with your search. :cool:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Try posting in the tech forums..... They have different forums dedicated to different models. hope that helps. good luck..

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Dave, get that GT quick and forget the Datsun ;) :D

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
dsmillie432 said:
Hi All,

Just joined this forum in search of any comments of the Alfa GT (1.9 JTDm). Looking at getting one to replace my 9 year old Almera :lol: GTi.

Any advise on which options to go for? 17 or 18" wheels..etc
Also .. anyone have this CONNECT+ system? Tried to find some in-depth info on it but to no avail. All I can find is that it is SAT NAV + Phone A Friend! :)

Dave S :)
I've not got the diesel, but the JTS - but which ever one you get, you won't regret it. I went for 17" spokes, I thought the 18" looked ok, but the turning circles on the GT are [email protected] and they do affect it apparently. TBH I think the 17" are big enough for the GT. Whatever you do don't go for 16" - they look dreadful :(

My finances wouldn't let me stretch to leather or the Bose radio, but I quite like the Alfatex (I got grey) and the radio's adequate - wouldn't want to drown out the sound of the engine too much anyway :D

Whatever you do, ditch that Nissan soon :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all.

Getting more like I will go for the GT 1.9.

Would have liked satnav, but £1900+ is a bit steep. Will have to stick with my good old PDA.

One more question for you GTers...
I like the ALFA RED ... but shoudl I go for BLACK or GREY leather?

:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts