Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just bought my first Alfa, a 99 Spider in near perfect condition ( only 40K!). my dad was a director for FIAT/ALFA for years so I'm familiar with the well serviced shiny examples used for the press, and actually had some driving lessons in same years ago. But, I'm not sure about the 10 yr old, 3 previous owners versions though. Can anyone offer any advice on what to expect in terms of technical problems/costs? I'm Alfisti to the bone but I know these (lovely) little ****s all too to well and I'm not dumb enough to think this is going to be hassle free.
Anyone had to re mortgage or sell organs to pay for repairs on a spider? Does the roof pack in only when it rains or all the time? I have a 12 month warranty which helps but I'm getting nervous, and I haven't even picked her up yet!.
Cheers.
Dave
Dublin.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In 12 months of ownership I have only had to replace an alternator at the cost of £30 ;)

Welcome to AO :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers folks, and thanks Paintergirl, I can live with that, fingers still crossed though.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agh!! Called the bank yesterday, having being told that my loan application was fine, to organise the draft, but they changed their minds! Amazingly they looked at the car in question-99 Spider- and said that if I did default on repayments and the car had to be repossessed, they wouldn't make nearly enough money on the car to clear the loan (this is permanent tsb by the way who would have lent me 600,000 for a shed 2 years ago).
A few things, firstly I earn a nice salary and my company is growing more slowly but still growing, and I'm management so secure enough (looking for wood to touch).
Secondly, this is a 40000 mile Spider in near perfect condition, asking price 7000 and I'm borrowing just over 4 for it, I know for a fact that it would sell for more than the loan amount. I'm stunned, and I'm also not an Alfa owner yet!
I was due to pick her up at 10 this morning but alas, Polly the Punto is still outside. I had my weekend planned on this, and the sun was out this morning too. Ive just joined the recession, and I don't like it. :(

·
Registered
458 Posts
Typical PRATTS, always ready to loan you an umberella on a sunny day.Them and the gonenment screw up,and we all get the flack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts