Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I have been on the forum for a couple of years but never said anything , mainly due to the fact that I have never had a problem with my alfa and I love it, I have a 147 jtd 8v , now with a problem , engine management warning comes on when in tickover and goes into low power mode , not reving beyond 3100 ., if I start the engine and keep the revs above 1k then the light does not come on untill left on tickover for more than 10 seconds then it comes on but can't be removed unless engine turned off and back on, so I can drive but when I stop at the traffic lights for instance it comes on and I'm driving a wet blanket around, I have plugged it in and canceled the code , p0235 supercharging pressure is the code , shoved egr cleaner down it and wiggled the turbo actuator because I'm convinced its getting stuck somehow , lubed it up , still not working , it's driving me mad , someone else must have had this problem before, any ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
normally caused by split vaccuum pipes but that normally happends at high revs..... maybe a small split in your boost pipe? or maybe the MAP is clogged with crud?

anyway just a few thoughts to get things moving ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts