Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 156 Gta in blue..

Going to clean the leather and interior as its all removed at the moment ..

Do i buy from here for £50.00 Furniture Clinic - Leather Care Cleaner, Furniture Repair & Restoration or is the autoglym stuff as good..

And same for polishing.. its it better to get the exterior polished properly with a machine now and keep it that way or can i achieve decent results buy hand myself..

and whats the best stuff to use externally

thanks..

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have not used the Furniture Clinic products so cannot comment, the AG leather cleaner is fine although I do not use their conditioner. Two products which are frequently talked about on Detailing World at the Dr Leather wipes and the stuff from LTT.

As for polishing, you can hand polish and get good results although a machine will give better and more consistent results

D

·
0 Posts
I used baby wet wipes to clean the interior first then finished it of with AG leather care.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
The stuff from the furniture clinic is very good, although expensive, depends how dirty your seats are.

I used it when I bought a second hand interior that had been stored in a shed for a year and it was filthy (but in good nick under it all) and it brought it up like new but for a general clean I would go for Autoglym or similar.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.. ordered the leather care system for cleaning..

will look at the other sites but tempted to get ti22 in Newport to detail it first round and then maybe myself from then on..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts