Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. First post on the site since I bought a 2002 2 litre 147 at the weekend. Great car but need some help on a couple of minor issues.

Coolant temperature guage staggers to 90 from cold and then goes up and down from 70 to 90. Could this be sender problem? If so, can someone point me in the direction of the sender (I am going to download a copy of elearn for the car soon!). Are they easy to replace?

Drivers side sunvisor is broken. Going to replace from one from a scrappies but does anyone know how to remove it??

Last but not least, does anyone have a guide to removing a door? Mines a 5 door and the car has had the door reskinned at some point and not very well. It is starting to rust - not bad yet, but have found a possible replacement and may use this before it gets worse. Cost of door is very cheap compared to sorting out rust and respray!

Any help you can give much appreciated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
door handles are really not easy trust me ive had the pleasure !

You need to strip off the door cards and window glass for ease of excess !
Theres a tork head bold in side the door shut which needs to be removed then the same again inside the the door .

Remove the bars which controll the opening and closing of the door there held in place with little coloured plastic brackets which can brake very easly

pull the handle towards you and with some jiggling the door handle come out !

becarefull because the door metal that surrounds the handle is very flimsy and i dented my door slightly putinng them back in

This is a hard task even for me and i work in bodyshop doing this sort of thing daily

i would probly take it to a body shop let strip fit a treat the rust probly looking at £350

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The door I have found is complete with handles, glass, motors etc. I had hoped that the electrical connections would be in the rubber connector between the post and the door?? Was hoping it might be a simple case of undoing connectors, bolts etc and swapping the doors over?

·
Registered
102 Posts
if you havea complete door then yeah just swap them over !

two 10mm bolts holding the hinges on will need knocking through . should be a gray plastic connector hold the wiring loom in place pull that upwards to release the connector .
and undo the check strap for the the door pillar ! the door should lift streight off !

2 man job i would say tho mate

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 man job? I knew the wife would come in handy one day! Thanks for that.

Anyone help re the coolant temp sensor and sunvisor??

·
Registered
102 Posts
where the sunvisor holds into the roof lining the bracket closest to the door is a Cap hiding screws underneath i believe carefully prise the cap off it should revel some screws

sorry cant help with the coolant im a body man

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I would unearth this one again, as I have now picked up a great 2nd hand door complete with all interior etc. This door has been taken off a car completely in tact with all the hinges etc. What would be the best way to replace my door - should I just take my door off with the complerte hinges or should I leave the hinges in place and knock the bolts through?? Any ideas on doing this properly much appreciated

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hi, concerning the temperature...Must say, think it is pretty normal, as long as it doesn't go over 90 or drop too much, heard that when the thermo starts getting on in years they tend to be a bit sticky if I can call it that? But no problems I think, have the same situation here:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts