Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This looks like a good forum with lots of info, glad I joined.

My wife currently has a 147 1.6 special edition, but will be transfering it to me when she gets her Mini Cooper S. I'm selling my 7 year old Impreza Turbo (PM me if your interested??) and will keep the 147 for a little while but may trade in for a GT.

Regarding the purchase of a GT, I've searched for 'imports', and apart from finding out to steer well clear of 'SmartAlfa' haven't found much else. I've seen a GT on 'allbrandsnew' for about £19K, pre-registered etc. but new in every other respect including leather and 17" wheels. as anyone had any dealings; good or bad, with this company?

cheers
Kev.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcoma :D

GT is a good choice ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Welcome, Kev. :)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi Rioja. Welcome to AO. :)

I suggest you start a thread in the GTA & GT Lounge for the best response to your question.

E

·
0 Posts
Hi Kev,

Welcome to the forum. It has to be the best car car forum I have been a member of so far, good luck with the GT. Just be aware if you get an import car as a general rule they only have a two year warranty as the third year is supplied by the dealer not ALFA Romeo. Not that much of a problem as you can get them to buy a seperate warranty for you for the third year. My 156 is technically a RHD UK Spec car, but is concidered German and was registered there buy a guy in the army (odd I know!). Even though I got it second hand the dealer was recommended, and having got the paperwork for the 3rd year that he paid for, it covers everything that the warranty for my UK Punto did.

Adam

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Hello and welcome, regarding a gt have a look at motorpoint derby they usually have a few new ones around £18,000 :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Kev. Don't know where you're based but Monzasport in Sussex have a good rep for Alfa sales outside the maindealerships. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rioja said:
Hi all,

This looks like a good forum with lots of info, glad I joined.

My wife currently has a 147 1.6 special edition, but will be transfering it to me when she gets her Mini Cooper S. I'm selling my 7 year old Impreza Turbo (PM me if your interested??) and will keep the 147 for a little while but may trade in for a GT.

Regarding the purchase of a GT, I've searched for 'imports', and apart from finding out to steer well clear of 'SmartAlfa' haven't found much else. I've seen a GT on 'allbrandsnew' for about £19K, pre-registered etc. but new in every other respect including leather and 17" wheels. as anyone had any dealings; good or bad, with this company?

cheers
Kev.
I recently purchased a new 147 from SmartAlfa and found the company good to deal will. There was a minor delay of a couple of weeks before I could pick up my car- I was told this was because the DVLA was not processing car registration over the Christmas period which seems reasonable enough. Besides the delay I didn't experinece any problems dealing with SmartAlfa, in fact they were very good at keeping me upto date with the progress on delevery of my car and their deal on price was the best by far. Would be interested to hear why you have been advised to stay well clear of them?

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Gaz5 said:
I recently purchased a new 147 from SmartAlfa and found the company good to deal will. There was a minor delay of a couple of weeks before I could pick up my car- I was told this was because the DVLA was not processing car registration over the Christmas period which seems reasonable enough. Besides the delay I didn't experinece any problems dealing with SmartAlfa, in fact they were very good at keeping me upto date with the progress on delevery of my car and their deal on price was the best by far. Would be interested to hear why you have been advised to stay well clear of them?
Hi Gaz, welcome to AO, dont work for SmartAlfa do you? ;) :D :D

this thread says it all plus a hell of a lot more:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=32360&highlight=smartalfa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts