Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

Just wanted to take this opportunity to say hello....although I am not an Alfa owner yet, I am very very close to it!
Just took an 03 plate 156 GTA for a test drive, and I AM IN LOVE!! WHAT A CAR!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

It is quite possibly the best car I have ever driven, and that combined with such stunning looks makes it a very difficult machine to turn down.
So if all goes to plan, I will be saying yes to it on tuesday.
I feel cheeky asking for advice on a first post, but if anyone has any pointers, things to check etc before I sign on the dotted line, I would be very very grateful....
FYI its at an Alfa dealer, full alfa history, 77k miles.

Cheers in advance guys!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Is this the one thats at Mangoletsi? if so its very very nice car. But for something thats done 77k not sure if it was worth the £7999 they were asking for.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this the one thats at Mangoletsi? if so its very very nice car. But for something thats done 77k not sure if it was worth the £7999 they were asking for.

Enjoy!

Yeah its that one...truly beautiful, I realised that its a little higher than the guides suggest...we havent done the deal yet on the price, but deposit paid....very excited!!

Cheers for the warm welcome guys!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yeah its that one...truly beautiful, I realised that its a little higher than the guides suggest...we havent done the deal yet on the price, but deposit paid....very excited!!

Cheers for the warm welcome guys!!:thumbs:
Just remember to treat the sales man with the contempt he deserves :p

I had a look at that when I bought my JTS from there, the fuel consumption scared me off. It certainly didnt show its miles, does look like it had been someones pride and joy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Just remember to treat the sales man with the contempt he deserves :p

I had a look at that when I bought my JTS from there, the fuel consumption scared me off. It certainly didnt show its miles, does look like it had been someones pride and joy.
Well thanks for that weebob...great to hear another opinion on the same motor...its my first alfa experience see:D . This one certainly hides its miles well, and looking through the records for it the previous owner was indeed fanatical!! Which suits me just fine!
The fuel consumption isnt really an issue for me, I only do a few thousand miles a year, and dont need it for commuting etc etc....its a pleasure thing! Cant wait to get the deal done now!
So have you used Mangoletsi much? They seemed pretty professional but I know that can be a facade!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Welcome to AO, good luck with the 156

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Well thanks for that weebob...great to hear another opinion on the same motor...its my first alfa experience see:D . This one certainly hides its miles well, and looking through the records for it the previous owner was indeed fanatical!! Which suits me just fine!
The fuel consumption isnt really an issue for me, I only do a few thousand miles a year, and dont need it for commuting etc etc....its a pleasure thing! Cant wait to get the deal done now!
So have you used Mangoletsi much? They seemed pretty professional but I know that can be a facade!:rolleyes:
I bought my 156 JTS from them, the process was very professional thoughout, apart from what I will take as a genuine mishap, where my tax disc for my the car i traded in wasnt posted back to me after the car came off the private plate it was on and was posted to them although the V5 was still in my name, and I wasnt told. This was fairy quickly fixed.

I had a spoiler fitted to the car by them before I picked up the car and the workmanship is 1st class.

Even when I had a very minor warrenty issue, this was fixed first time and without any fuss,, although they did give my a fiat 500 as a courtesy car (not a fan) on the upside it is the first time I have ever had one that had a fuel in it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought my 156 JTS from them, the process was very professional thoughout, apart from what I will take as a genuine mishap, where my tax disc for my the car i traded in wasnt posted back to me after the car came off the private plate it was on and was posted to them although the V5 was still in my name, and I wasnt told. This was fairy quickly fixed.

I had a spoiler fitted to the car by them before I picked up the car and the workmanship is 1st class.

Even when I had a very minor warrenty issue, this was fixed first time and without any fuss,, although they did give my a fiat 500 as a courtesy car (not a fan) on the upside it is the first time I have ever had one that had a fuel in it.

Once again thanks hugely for the insight. I am absolutely dreaming about gettin my 156....this dealer seems to have a good rep, and I am impressed.....assume that they provide a pretty comprehensive warranty then on used motors too? :)

Thanks to the massive amount of help and advice offered so far on here, I feel pretty confident. Will bear in mind the trade in issue, as my trade in has a private plate, and 6 months tax left.
:thumbs:
Weds cannot come fast enough! :cool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Hi and welcome! Be warned... This site is addictive. (I'm at work right now :lol: )!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts