Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
57 plate spider will be a 2.4, in my opinion, yes a better engine than the 2.2 on the open road, but needs careful management if used mainly in town (like all modern filtered diesels)

Not sure how it's going to sound cold idling with the hood down, though sounds good when pushed hard....and warmed up!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
57 plate spider will be a 2.4, in my opinion, yes a better engine than the 2.2 on the open road, but needs careful management if used mainly in town (like all modern filtered diesels)

Not sure how it's going to sound cold idling with the hood down, though sounds good when pushed hard....and warmed up!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it is a 2.4diesel , I have never driven one yet so I hope it is fun to drive, are there anythings to look out for?

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Power steering noises, any stuttering on a light throttle when cruising, colour of steering fluid , which should be green.

Other than that, just your usual used car stuff.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bought a 2.4 Spider last autumn, love it to bits, no issues but will get it mapped egr/dpf delete done as it will make it the car it should be, mpg low 30's (but it does do a few short journeys)...........
Just put 2 front tyres (17") my local supplier does from £70 to lots more, I settled for Nexen @£85 fitted inc valve and balance, they are performing very well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys, got to ring the garage tomorrow to ask a few questions, the car has blue to me does that mean it also has bose stereo. Or are they not related?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
only put down £50 deposit so no big problem there, just interested what the cars optional extras were to see if this one had any. car is 200miles away from where I live, hardly any for sale (with right mileage, my choice of colour and wheels I like) anywhere in my area, they are not Alfa dealers so they are not ofay with optional extras either. but thanks for the comments so far ,
Cheers Jerry

G

·
0 Posts
The 2.4 is certainly faster then the 2.2 and will be cheaper to run...the 2.2 with the odd mod (induction and/or exhaust) will sound much better though if you like your cars to sound good, I would personally have a 2.2 if I were to have the roof down

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tis actually an 07 reg, my mistake.

Bought it on saturday, lovely and smooth drive and suprisingly quiet for a diesel, not particularly quick but none the less we are very pleased with it. 37mpg so far happy with the economy too.:)

why should the powering steering fluid be green? as my car has red fluid.:)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Tis actually an 07 reg, my mistake.

Bought it on saturday, lovely and smooth drive and suprisingly quiet for a diesel, not particularly quick but none the less we are very pleased with it. 37mpg so far happy with the economy too.:)

why should the powering steering fluid be green? as my car has red fluid.:)
According to other threads on this forum, the green fluid is synthetic rather than mineral based, and is slightly less viscous, especially when cold starting on a cold day. The Brera / 159 is prone to rack failures, so this will help to prevent that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts