Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

ever since i learnt to drive ive always wanted an alfa romeo, and with the recent alfas having the old Ti pedigree ive been looking to buy one.

Ive recently come across a 159 1.9 jtdm ti in RED, beautiful, it has 63k and is on a 58 plate.it also a Qtronic and this works out perfect for me as i wanted to buy an automatic next.

However it is a cat d damaged vehicle with minor damage to front bumper, ns headlight, bonnet and rear bumper. the damage is minimal with only these parts needing replacing

most people i know are put off form buying salvage cars but the past 3 cars i have bought myself repared and driven with no problems at all and sold at a profit!

The help i need is the value of the car, i will be able to have it back on the road (as long as there are no hiccups) for approx £5000,
does this seem like a fair price for a cat d 159?

the normal ones retail for around 8-9k with this mileage and spec and that is the manuals, qtronics are harder to come by

i have read through the various common faults that goes with these cards (steering rack, rattles) i wanted to know if anyone else has any other input?

Thanks guys

ps, i think this may be in the wrong section - i ddint know whether to post in newbie or tech help!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Head on down to the 159 tech. forum for all your question :thumbs:

Salute, Giordano.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
welcome to AO, post some pics when your buy the 159 ;)

·
Registered
12,751 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO...:thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome guys, ill have a look through the tech help section again, ive managed to get a car and trailer sorted to pick up the 159 so full steam ahead so far!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts