Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all.

Picked up my 147 GTA last Thursday. All was well. Had an 90 mile trip home and it felt soild and great.

Yesterday after 15 min of driving and a bit of a wait in a McDonalds drive through I noticed the fan cut in.
After eating the grub started the car and drove off quite normally but again the fan cut in almost straight away but then a strange wirring noise as I slow down at roundabouts!

Took the car out this morning and the noise was gone:)
Was driving for about 10 min and the temp gauge was sat firmly on the 90 dec line but again the fan cut in!!

Parked the car went shopping for about 1 hour 30 min. By the time I'd got out of the car park the fan was on again but then even better tha noise returns. Was a bit worrid about the diff but sat at some light with the car out of gear I noticed that when I blip the throttle as the revs drop it makes the noise!!:confused:

I checked and the car has oil and water, was serviced only 2000 miles befor I picked it up!! Is it normall for the fan to cut in that early and have any of you come across this noise before??

Sorry to be a pain but used to drive a civic so not used to the strange noises!!

Many thanks
Owen

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Hi not sure about the noise, but the fans kicking in is entirely normal. Mine does it all the time when the climate control is switched on, even on cold mornings.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response!!

Really suppose it's cos of the size of the engine i the engine bay!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yup - the fan is nothing to worry about.

Congratulations on your purchase - GTAs rock.

Oh, and the first time you go through a tunnel be sure to wind the windows down, change down to second and floor it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts