Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, seeking your kind guidance on the following

1.4 Multiair - Auto

Recently purchased 2nd hand. Went for a major service for oils and plugs. Milage is at 57k km.
Did the following: engine oil, gear oil, oil filter & spark plugs.

Workshop had no stock of "selespeed" oil.

Im not aware that there is selespeed in this model and i've searched around on one site it states tutela as the selespeed oil that is needed.

I guess I need your advise on if there's really a selespeed oil change needed? I just want all bases covered incase the previous owner has not done so.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
The year of manufacture will affect the grade of oil required. Is the car manual or does it have the TCT gearbox?

Selespeed is surely the design of gearbox and not a type of oil, other than what is required in a selespeed box.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tony, mines a 2011 mfg unit. TCT gearbox.

So am I missing out any oil that is needed for the servicing? I also read in the following site where this "selespeed" oil is part of whats required for the G.

I guess thats the only piece thats leaving me confused.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Have you checked the handbook. I have a manual and also do not do my own servicing but according to the handbook (page 240 et al) all the transmissions require the same SAE 75W grade synthetic lubricant to FIAT 9.55550-MZ6 qualification. The recommended oil is TUTELA TRANSMISSION GEARFORCE Contractual Technical Reference N. F002.F10

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked the handbook. I have a manual and also do not do my own servicing but according to the handbook (page 240 et al) all the transmissions require the same SAE 75W grade synthetic lubricant to FIAT 9.55550-MZ6 qualification. The recommended oil is TUTELA TRANSMISSION GEARFORCE Contractual Technical Reference N. F002.F10
Thankfully i have the softcopy here :)

Lubs for motion transmission: 75W oil change completed

Cant figure out why the one in AWUK is used for though. 1 workshop said i needed it, 1 said its not needed. :paranoid:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Not really with you. What is AWUK?

The two shots from the handbook both say the same thing for the gearbox. The third screen shot appears to show a sales catalogue for a SAE 75w oil which presumably complies with the Fiat specification listed although spelling is clearly not their strong suit SPEEED (sic) presumably should be SPEED

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah apologies. its Alfaworkshopuk... tried making it shorter :biglaugh:

Yeah! thanks for catching that. They look like the same thing offered under gearbox oils which basically is "automatic gear fluid"
:beer:

·
Registered
38,691 Posts
Or maybe people assume that because it is a Flappy paddle, that it is a selespeed. The TCT is a much different (Better) animal.

Personally I have never been a fan of selenia oils, and would rather use something like fuchs, castrol, Shell etc...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys! It kinda helps to have my questions or worries resolved. First Alfa.. :biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts