Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.
just joined following the purchase of my first 166, a dark, almost black, metallic plum/bronze couour only apparent in strong sunlight so it'll rarely be appreciated on this rainy little island.
It's a 2.0 TS and in great shape overall with the previous owner having spent a fortune on it before the alternator failed and that was the last straw for him and hopefully a bargain for me, but time will tell.
I had a couple of Alfas up to last year, a 2002 1.8 saloon and a 2003 TI sportwagon 1.8 TS.
I enjoyed both cars and found them contarary to the general perception of modern Alfa Romeos and while not the easiest cars to work on, what FWD really is?
Anyway, I'm located in Ireland where AR have a strong loyal following but the 166 is not as common or popular as other models.
The car I bought is in need of some work (of course) and it was while in search of information on removing the ICS unit that I found this site.
Looking forward to getting the 166 on the road and with the wealth of knowledge here, it shouldn't prove too difficult.
Anyway, that's all for now as work beckons and ruins a perfectly good day!
Frank

·
Administrator
87,603 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts