Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just came across the forum. Am in the process of switching from an 05 plate BMW 320D SE saloon to a 32. V6 Brera Q4 SV.

I've taken advantage of Alfa Romeo UK's latest leasing offer which for £1239 down leaves me to pay £413/month for a fully maintained car on 12000 miles per annum. This is an absolute bargain !!!!!

So far from my buying experience, i'd say the car looks drop dead gorgeous, it felt well built too...............certainly upto the standard of the 3 series.

The service from the dealership though has been the worst i have ever come across. I was told the car was in the UK and would take a week to deliver...............this was 3 weeks ago. I am now expecting the car to arrive at the dealer next week........I'm not holding my breath !

Delays in delivery would be acceptable (if annoying) if the dealer made any effort to communicate with me, but they don't they don't respond to messages, they don't call when they say they will. All in all they can learn a lot from BMW in relation to cutomer service.

Still the car looks amazing, so i'm sure all this bad feeling will be forgotten when i actually get to drive the 3.2 (only tested a 2.2).

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to AO. The Brera is a thing of Beauty! BMW can't touch it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello Dukes.

Thought of the V6 but pockets are quite that deep. It will be intersting to compare AR to BMW as my girlfriend has a softtop 320ci which is gorgeous...... the BMW dealer is a waste of space so she's thinking of getting a C70 cc and giving BMW the bird. My experience of AR is mixed at the moment as some dealers have been terrible and others have bent over back wards. I intend to drive to Northgate in Cantabury every year for the service as they really seem to understand the cars and customer service.

Hope it arrives soon.

I'm counting the hours.......

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Welcome,

Dealers are a mixed bunch - and with the current shortage of them very very busy... In my experience the BMW customer service experience is a little jaded these days not what you'd expect and the opposite of how I'm treated by AR.

You'll Love the V6 I know I do and sounds liek you have good deal - what extras have you put on the SV?

Enjoy and Welcome.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
welcome to AO, great car choice :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll Love the V6 I know I do and sounds liek you have good deal - what extras have you put on the SV?
As part of the deal 2 extra's are included. The 18" wire wheels, and Blue and Me for phone and mp3's.

Apparently the delay is caused by Alfa's new PDI centre having a bottle neck. The dealer (Mangoletsi) finally gave me a proper reason for the delay yesterday. They are blaming it on a recall due to a faulty bonnet fastener...............anyone else had their Brera recalled ?

Also does anyone have Blue and Me .......if so what's your expecience of it ?

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

Not heard of a recall for the bonnet catch on the Brera though, I thought they'd sorted that and it was only older cars that would be affected by that issue :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on the dealer :-

Well today they called to inform me that the PDI centre have not received the parts for the Bonnet catch, which would mean the car being delayed by at least another week.

Firstly, as a customer, all i want is to be kept in the loop, obviously i want my car as soon as possible, but if there's a problem and they inform me, then there's not much else they can do. SO i was pleased that they'd taken the time to make the call.

Then however, they played their Ace, and said that an identical car had been ordered for the showroom, and is expected on a delivery on Tuesday, and they were arranging to have the plates swapped with the DVLA. This should mean i can have my car on Wednesday or Thursday.

I'm so pleased, this is the kind of proactive action that I hoped for.

So I apologise to Mangoletsi, it looks like i got you all wrong.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I too have taken up the leasing deal on my Brera, & also, this is my first Alfa since I had a 33 about 17 years or so ago.
I've had mine for about 10 days now, & love it to bits. There are a couple of pics of it in the "images only" section, under the headings of "my new 3.2 brera", & "more brera shots".
I just hope you are as happy with yours as I am. Let us know when you get your hands on it, & get some pictures up.
Matt.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picked up the car on Thursday, and wow it's beautiful !

Lovely to drive, and great to look at.

my neighbour even came out to comment on how gorgeous it is.

Just one thing, I've take out the leasing deal, my invoice from both the dealer (mangoletsi) and Fiat Auto Contracts state the car has 18" Wire Wheels and Blue & Me fitted.

However the car has the 18" 7 Hole wheels, and Bluetooth phone connection, but not the Blue & Me (as it has no MP3 functionality). Being honest i love the wheels (much nicer than the wire ones), but am a little disappointed to not have blue & me which I would have found very useful.

I've spoken to the dealer, whose attitude was pretty much "take it or leave it", should i take this up with Alfa/Fiat also ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts