Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I am a very happy Owner of a little Guili and I have a Few questions id like to ask the more informed guys. I love my little car ( Even with the rattles and Top latch i broke) and i am looking to do my first track day. I am living in centurion and haven't done this yet..

I don't see a lot of places that do the chipping, and after market stuff like suspension on the Guilietta's? I only have 30000 km on now, not sure if i need to upgrade something to do occasional track days...

Tks

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Hey AlfaLoch,

Welcome to AO!

I don't know much about the chip tuning of Mito's, but I do know about track days...

The next public full day track day at Zwartkops is 12 June - Most probably will see you there in my 156 racer
Zwartkops Events Card 2016 - Zwartkops Raceway

For your 1st trackday, I would not change much over what you are used to. Inflate your tires about 0.5bar over what you drive on the road (so 3.0 bar is your road pressure is 2.5 bar).

Go through a proper health check the day before: Brake fluid - bleed the brakes a bit if you know how. Water, oil topped up. Check you wheel nuts, yes this seems repetitive, but DO IT, wheels have come off professional race cars too...

Remember to bring helmets for occupants going on track

When you at the track, keep calm. Road tires will squeal around just about every corner, but there is a different sound to complete loss of grip... You'll get to know the difference... The big thing is if the car start sliding, don't make huge corrections and don't come off the accelerator very quickly mid corner or brake hard mid corner you will get "lift-off" over-steer. The only way to catch that is to come back onto the accelerator and counter steer a bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts