Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Just bought a 146ti 2.0 w reg, Just got a few issues, done a quick search but didnt really help.
1st thing is the clutch is on its way out, sounds like the release bearing, Does this need adressing as soon as? The guy i bought it off has been driving it like this for 9 months!!!! been quoted between 350-400 in all. A few indie garages said they need special tools to do the job, is this correct? Or do they just not want the hassle?
Also the airbag light came on literally just after he delivered it to me! typical! Does dissconecting the battery for 10 mins really cure the fault?

thanks in advance

paul

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Hi, no special tools are required, only the clutch centreing tool thingy but you dont even need that!

The airbag light needs to be reset by a fiagnostics machine.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi ,I'll second what langers says,there's no spcial tool required,as there is no spigot on the input(first motion)shaft,as a result, the gearbox re-engagement is made easier.I know I've just done it.Cheers

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
If your near Swindon give me a PM, I'll do the clutch with you just to show you why they don't want the hassle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, thanks for the replies, Unfortunately not near swindon but thanks, not really technical minded so best let my local garage do it, he seems to thinks it will be 3/4 day job in total. I'm thinking of buying the clutch myself any in particular to go for and at what price??
cheeers

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Valeo are the OE supplier and expect to pay around £140 for a full kit and fluids, labour is the killer, but I can do them in 5 hours easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts