Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, im Johnyboyrocket from Tenerife and just got my first proper project. Doesn’t need much work its a wee cracker. So obvs I’ve come to the right place for advice and hopefully a bit of banter 2. So pleased to meet with you all✌
Most important thing I need advice on first is my aluminum rocker cover jas a couple of hairline fractures and so it’s leaking oil. Looks like some has gained access into the injectors at the top right however still drives like a dream 99%of the time. I was wandering can I replace the aluminum rocker cover with another from a bigger engine 1.8 2.0 or something?? Or is it possible to weld the cracks? It’s clearly obvious whoever tighten the cover last was a cowboy and overnighted and probably didn’t use correct tools or procedures. Also at night time only the injector warning light on the dash is appearing for about 5/6 seconds before going out. However the night I bought the car 3 nights ago it stayed on for an hour whilst the temperature gauge sat at 40 degrees the whole way home. Weird. I put injector cleaner in the tank and degreased all the oil and crap that had gathered on tje engine as it had been ised in 3 months and like i say it runs sweet as a nut now including temperature. So any recommendations about the rocker cover would be great and any feedback whatsoever would be even better. I plan on restoring this beauty to its original handyman ship and like I said this is the most important thing to start with so hope to jear from someone soon. Also i hope i het notifications on this post. Thanks ? ???

·
Registered
148 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts