1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brooklands Museum
New Year's Day Gathering

Sunday, January 1, 2012

All classic, vintage and veteran cars, motor cycles and commercial vehicles are welcome for possibly the largest New Year’s Day gathering in the South East! Entry is via the Campbell Gate off Brooklands Road for pre-1973 vehicles, whose occupants will receive a discount of £1 off our usual admission prices - parking in and around the Paddock, on the Finishing Straight and Members’ Banking for these vehicles. Pre-booking for car clubs is available by contacting Donna Hopton - details below.

As an added attraction this year the cars taking part in the London to Cape Town World Cup Rally will be scrutineered at the Museum during the day before being flagged off at 4pm - see the separate event entry for more details.

Open from 10am - 4pm, normal Museum admission prices apply for those in non-classic vehicles.

For those just turning up to look at this wonderful display, as well as the rest of the Museum and its exhibits, there will be parking in The Heights off Wellington Way.
Plenty of turkey-free lunches and snacks will be available!

Brooklands Museum

So who is taking their Alfa along to this?

·
Registered
49 Posts
would hav gone to this as it looks interesting, but the front bumpers and arch liners of the alfa so its not going to happen for me

·
Registered
854 Posts
It was excellent, hundreds of pre 1973 motors on display from as many marques as you could name. Only downer was I could only spot 1 Alfa :(, one lonely, solitary Alfa Romeo 1750 spider s1. Thoroughly enjoyed myself though, thanks Romeoman. I'm uploading pics onto Flickr at the moment, will post them soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts