Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting very disillusioned about some of my fellow MiTo owners on this site. I bought my MiTo because I liked it, it was quirky, different, a bit racy and most of all it was an Alfa and I wanted an Alfa. I know it is not perfect and has it's flaws and, doubtless, if I had the money I would have prefered a new 159 or Brera, but hey it is an Alfa, at least that is what the badge says. So I joined this forum for some advice and to enjoy the crac. But it seems that some other MiTo owners do not share my views on the car and they bought them for all the wrong reasons, fuel economy, parents, A mode on the DNA would make the car float on water, etc. So instead of a pleasant way of spending my working day, the forum has become clogged with complaints and pointless arguments about said model, it has got a rattle, it skidded yesterday, people not happy with the cup holders, etc. At first the more established Alfa owners would bash the MiTo, but now, sadly, the biggest MiTo bashers seem to be the owners themselves.
Now I realise that buying a new car is a big step and that things can and do go wrong and if my car developed a fault I would not be happy. But, rest assured, I would take it up with the dealer straight away and if needed AFUK, then and only then, if things were not resolved I may post in the general discussion forum to name and shame the dealer. What I would not do is come on here and say that the Ford Focus or Clio were X,Y and Z, Alfa's are rubbish, should never have bought it and complain endlessly. It is obvious that some people are missing the, Alfisti, point altogether.
Maybe this situation was inevitable, when old meets new. When blokes (or ladies for that matter) with pipes, who like to gaze admiringly at a stripped down Alfa V6 on the kitchen table, spanner in hand, rub sholders with young oiks with more money than sense, the must have generation, who would prefer the virtual to reality. The "isn't there an app for that?" mantra of the now. When patience is a virtue is replaced with impatience.

So lets all make a New Years resolution to take a chill pill and just enjoy our cars for what they are, a device to get you from point A to point B. Let us take to the byways and highways of Britain and have a jolly good day out. Life is to short to spend time on 'what if's' and regrets. Live for the day. :):):)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Great post mate. All new cars have problems but few have the character of an Alfa (whatever model it may be). Happy motoring, happy posting on here and happy New Year.:thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Hi Wishful,

What you have said will strike a chord with plenty on here. However, I really like two things about the MiTo crowd:

Firstly, I like the way that they have made AO different and how they have challenged the convention. The less than warm welcome they received was just because there are some less than warm members who fear change and had little to do with them or their cars.

The other thing I really like is how they feel confident to discuss their experiences, both good and bad. I was never very likely to buy a MiTo, but if it was on my shortlist I would want to hear about the warts and all experiences of their owners. It is one of the best parts of an independent forum and without it we all may just as well stick to Alfa’s website. I never really understood the blind loyalty/Alfisti thing anyway and I like the way MiTo owners have largely avoided it.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great post mate. All new cars have problems but few have the character of an Alfa (whatever model it may be). Happy motoring, happy posting on here and happy New Year.:thumbs:
Hi Wishful,

What you have said will strike a chord with plenty on here. However, I really like two things about the MiTo crowd:

Firstly, I like the way that they have made AO different and how they have challenged the convention. The less than warm welcome they received was just because there are some less than warm members who fear change and had little to do with them or their cars.

The other thing I really like is how they feel confident to discuss their experiences, both good and bad. I was never very likely to buy a MiTo, but if it was on my shortlist I would want to hear about the warts and all experiences of their owners. It is one of the best parts of an independent forum and without it we all may just as well stick to Alfa’s website. I never really understood the blind loyalty/Alfisti thing anyway and I like the way MiTo owners have largely avoided it.
Thank you both for your posts. Do not take my post to seriously rewea6a I do really enjoy this forum, which is why I stick around. It is just my side ways glance at the MiTo lounge, coupled with my strange sense of humour. Although people do tend to moan more in these modern times, as they do tend to want everything now. Oh and the last bit is true IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts