Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After realising that my new purchase also requires new wiper blades I read a few posts on here about the various options. Michelin stealth blades seemed to be the one that others have had most success with so I found a pair on Amazon for just under £20 including delivery. Ordered them yesterday lunchtime and they arrived today.

I'm not going to fit them yet until I have finished compounding the paintwork and got the car cleaned up but I'll report back soon with the verdict......

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
let us know what they're like, only ever had bosch aerotwins

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Michelin don't make wiper blades so I'll be interested to know what markings are on the blades one you've opened the packaging and whether they have the bulky 'universal' fitting or a minimal bespoke fitting.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Answering my own question...

Pylon Manufacturing Corporation is a leading automotive aftermarket supplier with nearly 40 years of experience, specializing in the design, engineering, manufacture and marketing of wiper blades and appearance chemicals. Located in Deerfield Beach, Florida, Pylon is an ISO 9001-certified company. Pylon is the exclusive licensee responsible for the manufacture and marketing of the Michelin® line of premium wiper blades, the Barrett-Jackson line of Premium Auto Care and the DuPont line of premium wiper blades and Auto Appearance Products.

And it's a hybrid blade of the old type with hinges and converter connectors so it stands higher...

It features an aerodynamic cover over a flexible frame and doesn’t have the built-in curve of flat blades, so it’s designed to better fit a range of screens. It could be easier to use – the adaptor is stiff and you have to pick from seven supplied – but wiping is excellent.*

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Michelin don't make wiper blades so I'll be interested to know what markings are on the blades one you've opened the packaging and whether they have the bulky 'universal' fitting or a minimal bespoke fitting.
Yes! the bulky universal fittings are pretty ugly, that's why I just put refills in my Alfa wipers.

In fact, as a result of this morning's MOT, I have just done so.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fitting is fine to my eyes. The old wipers probably won't have been genuine Alfa ones though so I don't know what they're like.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The fitting is fine to my eyes. The old wipers probably won't have been genuine Alfa ones though so I don't know what they're like.
Some fittings are better than others.

The Bosch ones I sourced were very much on the bulky side.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Some fittings are better than others.

The Bosch ones I sourced were very much on the bulky side.
But there are two types of Bosch blades. The bulky universal fitting type or the specific aerotwin kit A085S. The kit uses an Alfa fixing; the universal comes with a converter pack to change the Alfa fitting to the universal type which adds height (and drag)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
But there are two types of Bosch blades. The bulky universal fitting type or the specific aerotwin kit A085S. The kit uses an Alfa fixing; the universal comes with a converter pack to change the Alfa fitting to the universal type which adds height (and drag)
Looks like I got the wrong ones then, but it's easy to fit refills and it's not as if the backing arms go rusty like the old metal ones.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it's rained...... They clear the screen fine. Sounded a bit noisy at first but seemed to quieten down after a few minutes of use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts