Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I got some new wheels and tyres today, I really needed some new summer tyres and alloys, as my old ones were getting dangerous now there is no snow and not much cold weather left.

I had been tempted by the new Zender Dynamics 18", but the hassle of ordering, delivering, taking to the tyre shop etc etc put me off.

I went to my local tyre man today to see what he had, and came away with these - including 4 Vredestein Ultrac tyres fitted, balanced, inc locking bolts etc for £650 - what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Very nice EB!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Makes me more intent on getting my own 17" Multispokes fitted to the Spider this season... :)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks ****........

**** hot that is !!!!! :cool:

And bloody cheap too!
Just been checking out blackcircles etc and Ultracs in this size are about £90 a corner, so I think this was quite a good bargain! :)

I would like to lower it now, but im not sure there will be enough clearance, these really do fill the arches!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Looks very :cool:

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
If I was gonna have an old spider, that's the one i'd have, really transforms the car mate, get some autoglym deep shine on there and it'll look the dogs.

:D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Looks brilliant. They really suit the car...which also looks very, very nice I might add:cool:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the comments chaps - im dead chuffed with them. Really think I bagged a bargain :)

Im finally getting the car somewhere towards where I want it to be - just some tidying up with the paintwork and some interior trim and she wil be a good 'un. Im half tempted to lower it 35mm as well, but im a little worried about it rubbing.

She is booked in for a service on weds so she should come back running even smoother :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
It doesn't loook like she needs lowering, almost looks like they were designed for 18"ers.

I was going to try and get some 17"s but am now reconsidering :)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It doesn't loook like she needs lowering, almost looks like they were designed for 18"ers.

I was going to try and get some 17"s but am now reconsidering :)

Just be careful with the tyre profile. I have 45's on, and there is about 1cm clearance between the tyre and the arch liner at the front, theres still plenty of room in the top of the arch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Those wheels do look the business- i am toying with getting some new wheels for my '97 GTV. It still has the standard 16" wheels on there and ther are okay, but i would like to update the callipers and then show them off! What is the general consensus about wheel size for the GTV- i think 18" would be great but am a bit concerned about denting them on the pothols and speedhumps that are featured on most of the roads around Wimbledon. Does anyone have photos of their own cool alloys and callipers? I would love to see what re****s can be achieved. Thanks, Steve.

R

·
0 Posts
Like it, similar style to what I was planning to get if I don't go for teledials

1 - 20 of 22 Posts