Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Alfa red metallic, 5 hole wheels, red caliper, tinted windows, heated seats, Bose stereo and parking sensor Veloce multiair was delivered yesterday. Was told first service 2 years or 20000 miles (wot no oil change)?
Loving it but the armrest tilts with the chair....strange but OK. The alarm noise and seatbelt noise are already annoying me and I may have to go to the garage to find my wire cutters.

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
Congrats.Nice spec and it sounds like the service intervals have extended since I collected mine in June 2011.

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

Was told first service 2 years or 20000 miles (wot no oil change)?
Service manual recommends an oil change after 1 year if you do <9000 miles

and it sounds like the service intervals have extended since I collected mine in June 2011.
This has always been the service intervals

·
Registered
34,381 Posts
sorry isn't the interval 18,000 miles?
It's 30000km for MA and 35000 for QV and Diesels in my handbook.Thats just over 18000 miles for Multiair although you may experience a "homing instinct" as I have with issues needing dealer visits.....

D

·
0 Posts
The alarm noise and seatbelt noise are already annoying me and I may have to go to the garage to find my wire cutters.
Can be turned off via the menu system, dead easy, seat belt is part of NCAP standards so stuck with that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This your stuck with alarm noise without getting the country code swapped to Denmark or Holland - there are some posts on this.

On the seatbelt "chimes" I was wondering what the fuss was about until I got them today poodling round a car park, they only start at about 10 mph right?
(slower than the auto locks anyway) If you slow down they stop and come back again, untill ... Giulietta got a bit annoyed with me not paying her any attention and the chimes stayed on even after I'd parked up.
massive irritation..
solution .. just press the red seatbelt release latch ... gone .. stayed gone, or have I got a temperamental car :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
That's why I'd normally go for 16"s but had to take 17"s due to Brembos.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Its wery easy for the garage to remove the seatbelt alarm noise, its done using the tester, and after that you will have a extra option in the menu to turn it on/off, but if you turn it back on, you will have to visit the dealer again :)
Car alarm noise is as previous mentioned, change the coutry code to DK or NL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts