Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may remember, a couple of months ago i replaced my duff standard centre section with a straight through ragazzon pipe, mated up to an unsilenced rear. Which i soon decided was too loud for my tender ears...

But wait, look, santa has come late..

Oooh shiny shiny! :)

Will probably be going on sunday

The mrs aint happy. Money was meant to be going toward the house. But hey, what do you do.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
325 Posts
is that the alfaholics straight thru silenced centre section .i got that wiv unsilenced ragazzon quads an bmc cda filter sounds lovely m8

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its load but not 2 loud.u av 2 wait for the exhaust 2 coke up a bit .then it sounds better m8:)

Spoke to Andrew at alfaholics and he umm'd and ahhh'd whether it would actually be much louder than standard. Hope it is a little..

·
Vendor
45,840 Posts
Stainless tends to be a bit more resonant/raspy/metallic sounding than mild steel, so assuming it is an exact replica of the original then it will be a louder, but maybe not enough to notice. More likely its a straight through perforated silencer with wirewool packing, rather than a baffled box, so it might be a little louder again because of that.

·
Registered
325 Posts
it will b a bit tinny at first basically u get a slightly more deeper note 2 ur exhaust but its better than the standard pipe anyway

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Standard down pipes, standard cat, Alfaholics silenced mid section, unsilenced autodelta rear

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Standard down pipes, standard cat, Alfaholics silenced mid section, unsilenced autodelta rear
Crikey, so you have lost the two rear boxes and its not any louder. that was the set up i was thinking of going for, i was hoping for a nice roar on acceleration but no drown on motorway cruising.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I've got standard front down pipes, Standard cat, Ragga small silenced mid section and Ragga unsilenced quads and its ten fold over standard. Sounds the muts nuts, pops and farts a low revs but sounds glorious at high revs. Raggazzon is the way forward !!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's the autodelta that seems to be really quiet. I had ragazzon on another and it was much louder

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
It's the autodelta that seems to be really quiet. I had ragazzon on another and it was much louder
So does or current rear section resemble this Ragazzon Stainless Steel Sports Pipe Duplex without Silencer DTM 2x70mm Tail Pipe Alfa GTV/Spider

or this Ragazzon Stainless Steel Sports Exhaust Left/Right with DTM 2x70mm Tail Pipes Alfa GTV/Spider

I know they are both ragga, but the autodelta pictures dont really show the actual exhust, but i would it would be similar to one of the two. Unless it is like this...

Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa 147 CSC Edelstahl Vier-Rohr-Endschalldmpfer 4x70 CSC Edelstahl Vier-Rohr-Endschalldmpfer 4x70 470262

Cheers for being the noise tester btw. :thumbs:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its the same style as the 1st one you listed.
My bank balance doesnt thank me for it at all!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Its the same style as the 1st one you listed.
My bank balance doesnt thank me for it at all!!
Well that is certainly unsilenced, that alfaholics mid section must be doing a heck of a job of making the noise down to normal levels. Maybe you've forgotten how quite the totally standard exhust system is and have got used to a bit of extra roar.

Cheers for the info.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts