Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all. just registered the other day having bought a 1995 155 1.8 ts silverstone. mot till sept 06 and tax till feb. 2 new front tyres, new discs and pads all round and everything works! interior is mint even though its done 129000 miles. body works good too. just needs the bumpers painting the correct shade of red! why are these things so cheap? they're awsome! on the way home from buying the car i popped into my private test track (hee hee). couldn't believe it when it hit 135mph bouncing off the limiter at 6500rpm :tut: . surely this has been fettled with? anyone else had this out of their 1.8? why also does it redline at 7000rpm but limited to 6500? :confused: cheers guys.

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Congrats with your excellent purchase, and welcome :cool:

155's were the most underrated cars of the 90's. fantastic drivers car with decent performance......you keep coming back for more :D

Chip upgrade will sort out your rev-limiter "problem" :D

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
I hardly ever see any 155's around these days, maybe once every few months if I'm lucky. Shame really, for a mass-market(ish) car they're one of the most wonderfully aggressive looking cars I've ever seen but also classy at the same time.

For the kind of price you've paid for yours it's very tempting to get hold of one as a second car. I only ever drove one once, years ago (can't remember which engine) and it was a belter

Good luck with yours Davey, any chance of some pics to quench my thirst for 155-watching? :D

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
congrats and welcome to ao :)
sounds like you've got a great car for the money! :cool:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Must be some great driving roads round Oban way, my grandparents (god rest their souls) lived up in Lochaline and all I remember from going up there as a kid is country roads, country roads and erm.... country roads :D Perfect Alfa territory :cool:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
daveyw said:
cheers. maybe see you at crail sometime soon if you ever go there.
Only been once this year and it rained.... :rolleyes:
You dont see a lot of Alfas there!! :cool:
....its a long drive for you, but good fun! :)

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
yep the 155 is a fabulous car, I owned a 2.0 16v from sixth months old for five years, i loved that car and still regret selling her, i would go as far as to say that even the gta i have now dosen't give me the same thrills as the 155 did, will i ever be able to put her ghost to rest.........?
enjoy your car mate :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts