Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just got back indoors after fitting and test driving my spider after fitting unsilenced mid section. It is running with a ragazzon silenced quad rear section.
It is however very loud! Will my new mid section quiet down a bit once it has sooted up?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha or I might go deaf. I'm not convinced with my setup at the moment. Thinking it is anti-social, but does make me smile :)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i hear its the mid section that is the real silencer and those ragazzon silencers are just tuning sound rather than quietening things down

do a you tube vid i am interested in how loud is loud

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is anyone mad enough to run a complete unsilenced setup? I have a decat too. Will do a vid

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
no cat and no mid silencer is about as loud as it can get there are various combinations of what to get rid of and what to keep but i am planning on

decat
keep mid section
and then the quads at the rear

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I've heard a cup with the centres taken out and twin ragazzon rears and it was effing loud. I've taken one of the big centre boxes out of mine with a small single coming out of te OE cut out and it's Lou enough for me so taking both centres out must be pretty bonkers. I think, with a post Christmas (full of beer) mindset I'd run it straight through just for a laugh! You're most of the way there so why stop now! You tube will give you an idea how loud these cars can get but if you don't ever want to talk to your missus an unsilenced Alfa engine is a great thing to have.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hear its the mid section that is the real silencer and those ragazzon silencers are just tuning sound rather than quietening things down
So I guess I am running an unsilenced setup then, that would explain the volume :)
Will do a vid tomorrow.

·
Banned
2,933 Posts
Look(listen) at me

Is anyone mad enough to run a complete unsilenced setup? I have a decat too. Will do a vid
I had the centre silencer removed on one of my V6 GTVs exiting through unsilenced quads, just to see what it would sound like.....far too loud....lovely but totally anti-social. I'll have to have a small centre silencer fitted just to pass an mot plus I doubt anyone would want to buy it as it is now.

Clive

·
Registered
206 Posts
You know what the answer is Paul......

This exclusive version is louder than the normal Ragazzon center silencer and a little bit more quiter and buzzes less than the center pipe without silencer.

Ragazzon stainless steel central silencer.
For all Alfa Spider/GTV 916.
Without EG-certification (TÜV)!

199,00 EUR
incl. VAT excl.shippin

Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Ragazzon Edelstahl Mittelschalldmpfer Ragazzon Edelstahl Mittelschalldmpfer - klein 32084

You can try mine if you want to swap it over for a while before you buy.

Mike

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Thats the centre i run with un-silenced ragga quads. Totally awesome noise, pops and burbs and sounds the muts nuts at high revs. You can also drop the revs pop it into 5th/6th and have normal conversation with the person sat next to you.

Simon.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know what the answer is Paul......

This exclusive version is louder than the normal Ragazzon center silencer and a little bit more quiter and buzzes less than the center pipe without silencer.

Ragazzon stainless steel central silencer.
For all Alfa Spider/GTV 916.
Without EG-certification (TÜV)!

199,00 EUR
incl. VAT excl.shippin

Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa Spider und Alfa GTV Ragazzon Edelstahl Mittelschalldmpfer Ragazzon Edelstahl Mittelschalldmpfer - klein 32084

You can try mine if you want to swap it over for a while before you buy.

Mike
Hi mike,

Shall we try each other mid sections out one day soon then?

Mine sounds great but is crazy loud. Still tempting to keep it. The misses hates it though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Your welcome to try mine for a week or so but I would put my original back on - I know that yours will be way too loud or me :)

Mike

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's very kind of you mike. I know it was too quiet before and now too loud so now definitely going for the smaller silenced mid section. Now need to find a second hand one to swap for my unsilenced one.

Any one want to swap? I am happy to pay extra or for all postage?

·
Registered
420 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It does sound incredible, under power very Ferrari-esque however a tad loud on tick over for me :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts