Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made this today, well chuffed with it. glad to get rid of that horrible cracked ,sagging piece of sh**e that was on there before.

took it over some dreaded speed bumps(that i used to ovoid) today, and it cleared no probs, my car was lowered last week aswell:D

heres some pics for you all!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jigsawed it..its made out of dibond which is 5mm rubber sandwiched between two bits of aluminium, its brushed aluminum finish, so it looks:cool:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Its awesome, very professional...:cool:

Looking at getting an autodelta one soon, but might try making one myself first....

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
nice work rigsby:thumbs:

you should 'liberate' some more dibond from work and knock a few of those up - plenty of us out here with saggy plastic underbits:D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
See, it's like this with me, low entry Bradbury, with a lifting beam under the rear of the sub-frame, so I reckon those longish ramps would be the answer to this maidens prayer!:D But, just have to make do with that I have, cos' I'm skint, as always.:(:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers for all you comments, as to making more, i probably will, just gotta get a qoute from work for the material as its quite pricey.
anyone know if all undertrays are the same or do they all differ

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
cheers for all you comments, as to making more, i probably will, just gotta get a qoute from work for the material as its quite pricey.
anyone know if all undertrays are the same or do they all differ
I presume that all 156 undertrays are the same ... apart from the GTA which is probably different ... (great looking undertray though :thumbs:)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well ive had a quote from work for the material and it costs nearly three times the cost of aluminum. now i could make them out of aly but i dont think it would be as good, it would probably rattle? and doesnt offer protection like the dibond does imo.

with the undertray bieng flat it offers the same clearance as running with no undertray

being a flat design it sits about 5mm off the sump, the dibond being polyeurathane sandwiched between aly gives is some sort off protection

sales pitch over:rolleyes:

anyways the price is

156 undertray=£90+postage

if anyone is intrested i will happily make you one

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I think the undertrays do differ slightly between engine variants, the GTAs and possibly the V6s having a cooliung duct directed at the diff housing.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts