Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tempted to get two sets of tyres now as wanted winter tyres but with ever milder wetter winter starting to think all season rain tyres would be a better choice.

So along that lines was thinking of running the Uniroyal RainSport3 Uniroyal Rain Sport 3 - 225/40 R18 92Y XL FR TL for a wet all season tyre and the 225 40 18 Goodyear EAGLE F1 ASYMMETRIC 3 92Y XL 225/40R18 as the summer tyre with maybe a set of the federals above so i can compare them against the goodyears once the weather warms up.

Always found winter tyres expensive and now less and less used

what do you think..

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I had the rainsport 3's on my 156 2.5 and I thought they were awesome. There was a long windy road up the hills I used to drive back and forth each day for work and they gave me great control through the tight bends in the frequent monsoon weather. They were dirt cheap back then too.. they seem to have gone up to a price that befits them a bit more.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
nice! except I'm 225 45 17 I think? That's a great deal for 18;s

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I found Rainsport 2's were great when new but were rubbish when worn. The Asymmetric 2's on the other hand retained all of their performance even when worn out - in one case down to the canvas.

The price makes the RS3's attractive but I wait to be convinced.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found Rainsport 2's were great when new but were rubbish when worn. The Asymmetric 2's on the other hand retained all of their performance even when worn out - in one case down to the canvas.

The price makes the RS3's attractive but I wait to be convinced.
yeah ordered the goodyear As 3's as summer tyres.. wondering if the uniroyals rainsport 3 would be better when temps drop as they are rated all season rather than just summer tyres

·
Registered
727 Posts
I highly rate the Uni RS3s! Big thumbs up from me!:thumbup:

They are greatly improved over the original discontinued RainSport 2s...sidewalls were quite soft and wore away quicker....no such issues with the RS3s :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts