·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New tyres rubbing on my gt. NOW SOLVED.

Hi all.

New here.

But requiring a bit of advice.

I've put 2 new back tyres on my gt and now when going right it sounds like the tyre is rubbing on something.

Any ideas.

Dan

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
What size are they?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
OK. Have you had a look around at the back?
Spring platforms collapsing isn't unknown...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been ****ing down all day today so will have s look when's it's dry.

Could the radius arms be at fault.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rubbing

Right

I thought it was the back rubbing but I'm now fairly confident that it's the right front rubbing against something.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Have you fitted goodyear asymmetrics? They have a huge lip? Still they shouldn't catch. My GT has had 4 235/40/18's and didn't rub? Only slightly on full lock? And my car sits very low on eibach pro S coilovers..

What's your chassis setup? You using spacers? your car lowered? You running excessive camber?

Damien.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Dan sometimes the arch liner can come detached causing a rubbing noise. Anything mechanical i think you would have felt it already. It's a case of jacking her up and having a look where the rub marks are? The liner on our GT's is like a carpet material, and any touches by the tyre causing quite a ding.

Let us know how you get on.

Damien.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all. Got home from work and thought I have to solve this. So out with the jack and impact gun whip the tyre off and see some rubbing marks.

But to no avail. Now I'm like what the hell

So I checked all the bushes to see if they would cause anything. All seem ok. So I look at he breaks and I give them a wiggle and low and behold the spring clip is not in the right place to put tension on the pad caliper part. So with plyers to bend the spring clip and check.

Driving and turning right and no noises.

I'm like :thumbup:. Yeeeèeeeee

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Bloody hell Dan..lol..:thumbup:

Well done matey sorted..

Damien.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts