Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
It's exactly NOT what TVR need right now.
Such a shame if hopes hang on this.

Drop/adapt the Tamora into something more affordable/pretty/dynamic. There's still a market for "entry level" (true) sports cars (look what the Elise did for Lotus!).

Get the Cerbie replacement out sooner rather than later. DON'T comprimise on design but add ABS and 1 or 2 other "safety" aids.

Develop the T350 as above (it's truly stunning!).

• New entry level £20-25k coupe/convertible (baby Griff?)
  • Develop "mid" range T350 to be an even more credible alternative to the Boxter S (obviously nowhere near the sales volume)
  • New Cerbera to be the premium/top of range
Drop the rest :rolleyes:

I love the marque - but their sights need to be set on the existing enthusiast - NOT the yank market!!

Err.....keep production in the UK :cry:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Surely just a headline grabber for free publicity? No chance. I mean a TVR for Ferrari, Aston, Lambo money. You could have a new 911 AND a good used one for trackdays for that money!

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
It just doesn't stack up at all!! Stick to what it knows and does well - there IS space in the market.

Think of the money that has gone / will go on this?:confused:

It's a risk with the 8C but there's much more money behind that organisation if it goes belly-up (though the risk may well pay off!)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I agree with Jed, if they can market a car that would be available in the £20k market they'd do well, Mini griff for sure.

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
Reports of TVR’s death have been greatly exaggerated, and these are the first pictures of its new carbonfibre-bodied supercar, the Typhoon
Those are not pictures :rolleyes: but computer graphics. Not sure this car will ever see production to be honest. And even if it does a 60-car production run won't change the financial situation of TVR by a single iota.

Shame, I think the world needs car manufacturers like TVR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts