Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, very.

In the sun recently, the swirls and light marks from washing have been showing up, along with some long scratches from getting too close to hedges. Add to that a few scrapes, some long term scratches on the boot that polish wouldn't remove, and cloudy and scratched headlights.

All fixed! The only thing left now is some more permanent marring from bird dirt.

I bought the Meguiar's Microfibre Correction System kit, which consists of a couple of pads and a couple bottles of fluid. One is correction compound for cutting out the defects; the other basically a finishing polish and wax. I need to refine how much product I use, but it's basically simple - an idiot could get good results.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's me, so yes. Make sure you get a DA, not a rotary, because you can do damage with the latter. IMO you'd have to be wilfully stupid or have existing damage to do harm with a DA. Use 3M masking tape to cover anything you don't want to touch and it'll be great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes a das 6 is perfect for beginners. I recommend the one cleanyourcar.co.uk offer for great service and price. Go on detailing world and there is a group buy, lowers the price further.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's where I got mine. You're better off with a kit though, IMO - no group buy discount because they're already cheaper.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I didn't choose the kit as I bought different mops from different manufacturers, some are better at making them for glazes some compounds etc.
I also swap and change polishes, glaze and wax/sealant depending on colours type of paint etc

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Makes sense. I'm a big fan of the Meguiars system as it's only two stage, and apparently does both very well.

Time will tell how it lasts - for example (hand applied) SRP did a good job of removing swirls at the time, but was mostly filler, so with repeated washing you were quite quickly back to square one. Conversely I expect that my previous choice of Autoglym HD wax will turn out to have had a longer life than the wax in the new finishing compound, but again we'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts