Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello alfaowner forum!

First time owner here, turned 17, passed my test and happy to have my first Alfa in my fleet, which consists of a couple old Bimmers I've been working on for the past few years.

My daily driver for the past few months has been a 2009 MiTo Veloce with the 95 PS 1.4 16V FIRE engine. So far I've spent many hours detailing her and sorting out a few issues to get her in a little nicer condition :rofl:!

As a 17 year old, I could do far worse than the old MiTo, cracking little engine, lovely red leather interior, decent handling (not the most confidence-inspiring at first, a little vague but I could do with new top strut mount bearings, once you take a MiTo down a few nice roads you realise that it actually copes quite well on decent tyres).

So far I have:
  • Replaced discs and pads (old ones were third party, new ones are Brembo)
  • Replaced cabin filter
  • Fixed Blue&Me with update
  • Changed headlight bulbs and removed oxidation from headlights
  • Replaced wiper blades
  • Replaced driver's side wing mirror after car was vandalised!
  • Given it a bloody good polish and ceramic coating
In the next few weeks I am planning on:
  • Changing gearbox oil, engine oil, filters and spark plugs this weekend
  • Installing Dynamat to fix a rattling speaker
  • Getting my paint sorted as the bumpers have done the Rosso Giulietta thing of fading to a nice pink, and a few scuffs from vandalism need sorting
All part of the fun of keeping a 90,000 mile Alfa on the road!

I've been using alfaowner quite a bit to help me with any little niggles I've had or any guidance on repairs (I intend to work on the car by myself as much as possible), so looking forward to looking after the car as well as I can and being more active on here!

(Pics were taken before I had the chance to give the car a proper clean and sort out the headlights :rofl:)

Cheers,
Reeve

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can think of no more spot on car for a 17yr old. You must grin and smirk at all the Corsas and other average mums ex shopping carts your mates have got.

Good work :rotate: and for getting stuck in yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can think of no more spot on car for a 17yr old. You must grin and smirk at all the Corsas and other average mums ex shopping carts your mates have got.

Good work :rotate: and for getting stuck in yourself.
Thank you! Yes so far I've got no regrets, one of perhaps my most important criteria was to have something a little fun and interesting whilst still being insurance friendly. Of course I don't mention that it shares a bit of DNA with their corsas! :biglaugh:

·
Super Moderator
86,087 Posts

·
AO Traders
574 Posts
Thank you! Yes so far I've got no regrets, one of perhaps my most important criteria was to have something a little fun and interesting whilst still being insurance friendly. Of course I don't mention that it shares a bit of DNA with their corsas! :biglaugh:
Hi and welcome.
If you do ever need any help with insurance in the future then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi and welcome.
If you do ever need any help with insurance in the future then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Thanks Dan, may have to take you up on that at some point! Did a quick look around and my second year is looking to be just as painful as my first, black box and all! :rofl:

Been loving the welcome on here so far! Adding brake fluid change on list of things to do for the little MiTo, and I'm saving for some much needed paint correction as my car is Rosso Giulietta.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts