Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Sportwagon 2.4 Ti
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm hopefully picking up my first ever Alfa this week! 😁 Figured I'd make a post to say hello whilst lurking around reading everything about the 159 that I can find haha

Test drove and left a deposit on a lovely '08 Sportwagon last week (2.4 Ti) and I cannot wait to pick it up. I've always loved the brera/159 since first seeing it on Topgear as a kid, 15+ years later and they still look stunning even by modern standards. Especially the Ti wagon (yep, the bias has already begun lol 😜)

Can't wait to get involved and come to some owners meets/shows - I'm coming from a Hyundai Coupe which surprisingly has a big following with friendly forum/groups, hoping the Alfa scene is much the same!

What cars were you all driving before your first alfa? (Dont worry - the 159 wont be being modified like my coupe was lol)

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Sky
Sky Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
6,156 Posts
Hi and welcome to alfaowner ☕

Reactions: Jord178

·
Registered
652 Posts
Looks great. Plenty of stuff on here and very helpful. Alfa scene is friendly it seems. AROC
the owners club run the main events, see link below, but other groups do get togethers.

The Brera has just started to leak power steering fluid so that will probably be MITCar
scrubbed for me!:rolleyes: Was looking forward to that. Such is Alfa ownership....
It is just as well it has a stablemate and that is most definitely a keeper!

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
159 Sportwagon 2.4 Ti
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great. Plenty of stuff on here and very helpful. Alfa scene is friendly it seems. AROC
the owners club run the main events, see link below, but other groups do get togethers.

The Brera has just started to leak power steering fluid so that will probably be MITCar
scrubbed for me!:rolleyes: Was looking forward to that. Such is Alfa ownership....
It is just as well it has a stablemate and that is most definitely a keeper!

View attachment 974304
Thanks for the link! Super helpful
Am I right thinking the track day events are only open to those that pay the yearly membership to AROC? If so I'm pretty tempted to join! Haha

Ahh atleast your not stuck without a car.. Is that a GTI? I've always had a soft spot for the hot peugeot's

·
Registered
652 Posts
Thanks for the link! Super helpful
Am I right thinking the track day events are only open to those that pay the yearly membership to AROC? If so I'm pretty tempted to join! Haha

Ahh atleast your not stuck without a car.. Is that a GTI? I've always had a soft spot for the hot peugeot's
yes Pug GTi by peugeot sport. Brilliant. Rule 1, own an Alfa? must have 2nd car.
I think you can access some AROC track days without membership, but check.

They have just scrubbed MITCar 22 unfortunately, at least postponed it while searching for an
alternative venue. (Apparently with tomorrow's rain, there was Fear of Sinking Into the Mud The Day After/(Nat Trust wringing hands re grounds maintenance)).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts