Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Although I'm not new to Alfa Romeo ownership I am new to this forum. I look forward to being an active participant for many years to come.

The reason for my post today is to ask for some help with a recent problem my 1990 Spider (Quadrifoglio) is experiencing. I've owned this car for a little over 6 years and have never had a problem. Unfortunately, last week the car began to shake when starting out and at low speeds. The entire car shakes but feels like it's originating in the drivetrain. When the car is out of gear or the clutch is engaged the shaking stops. If I accelerate the shaking again stops. If anyone has experienced a similar problem could you please give me some guidence on what is causing it and what I need to do to fix it so I can get out and enjoy the summer that has finally arrived in Washington state :)

Thank you for your help.

Grant

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi & welcome to AO.Judder could be caused by the clutch plate shims that are in the centre of the ferodo discs,they break & allow the 2 plates to move.Hope you get sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts