Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my s/h ( sorry, pre-loved) Sept 2008 Red TI SW on Monday and until today have been unable to drive it due to all the snow. Dug out the drive today and had a little spin, pleased to find it has electric folding mirrors and heated seats, (neither were on the spec. list).
However having scoured the manual for clues, could someone please explain the dark art surrounding the rear wiper? I can get it to wipe and to wash but how do you stop the thing going beyond a couple of wipes? It seems to be something around holding the bottom position down but I'm not quite sure what I did. The first time I could not stop it after 10 wipes I just stopped the car and switched it off and restarted!
Oh, and the other issue seems to be that B&M does not like LG phones.....!

PS Is it OK to leave my MP3 player switched off but plugged into the USB port?

·
Registered
972 Posts
That's a lovely car you've got yourself - red, Ti, SW.... the absolute dogs dangles :thumbs:

Re the rear wiper; you turn it off by repeating exactly the same operation you used to turn it on... it's a bit of a pain that it doesn't have a flick-wick facility; unless you sqirt it - in which case mine always squirts a dribble on the front windscreen too! If it didn't have 'character' it wouldn't be an Alfa ;)

Are you aware that B&M won't pair with your phone when the car's moving (or at least mine doesn't!), so you have to remember to pair it before you move off.

I can't comment on the MP3 because I just leave a memory stick with my music plugged into the USB.

Hope you get to enjoy your new toy in more favourable conditions soon!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm jealous............... I want one.

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
860 Posts
Great choice :cool:, you'll soon love it more when the snow clears! I'm still driving/having to drive in snow, compact ice and -10 conditions (!) and it's been behaving well as long as you take it easy.

Re: wipers - as 159John says, you need to push lever up to wash, down once to wipe (and will continue to do so) until you repeat down once again. A bit fiddly at first but you get used to it.

Afraid I can't help with regard to the mp3 thingy - I just leave my iPod on so it's automatically connecting when I set off. You could try perusing the B&Me lounge for a thread on that.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Are you aware that B&M won't pair with your phone when the car's moving (or at least mine doesn't!), so you have to remember to pair it before you move off."

Yes, it won't actually download the address book, I've tried doing it parked up before starting to drive and the B&M lounge have already indicated the LG KC550 does not play ball!

It's a shame I could not find a tan leather interior example ( my 147 has it), but ultimately it's more practical
( there again who wants to be practica......l?)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts