Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
the thread was ment to say new to alfa

hi everyone.

just bought my first alfa 156 2.0lt ts and happy to say i'm loving the car.

few little problems with the car i'm sure you guys could help me fix.

first my temp guage aint working. my guess is the temp sensor but as of yet i aint looked into it.

second it seems i have a weak battery. but i've noticed the aftermarket cd player dont turn on/off with the key so i'm gussing again its been wired badily and is draining the battery.

third and more worring is a judder when under full acceleration. kicks in around 3.5k if you ease off the power the engine revs fine. am i right in saying the car is ment to have about 150hp as it feel a little down.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Welcome to AO

I had similar 'features' on my 156 TS

The thermostat needed replacing (the gauge should be fine)
The battery needed replacing (car had stood)
CD - not sure about that, mine works independent of the key - but doesnt drain the battery.
New tyres, Wheel balancing & tracking sorted my judder.

The TS likes and responds to high revs.

G

·
The stereo wiring on Alfas isn't to ISO DIN. Standard. The switched and permanent live are the wrong way round.

Some people do a cowboy job on the wiring and connect the switched and permanent live to the same live source.

On some stereos this leaves the internal amp powered up all the time whether or not the stereo is on. Causes a flat battery in a day or less.

·
Registered
450 Posts
the judder is from the engine if you keep your foot flat it just gets worse. the whole car bucks back and forth

Is this just under load or when you rev the engine from idle too?

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,362 Posts
156 doesn't have an accessory point on ignition. Off, on & starter. Standard radio turns off after 15-20 mins. Some after markets have an option for that too.

Then again your battery might just be telling you it's on it's last legs.

·
Registered
450 Posts
only under load
Engine mounts are worth looking at but a very bad misfire could cause the jerking, especially if the plugs are fouling due to running rich with the faulty thermostat. I would expect a MSCF error if it was really bad though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i noticed the weekend that the main intake pipe after the flow meter has a huge split in. so a new one is on its way. i have taped it up for now but it still misfires. this weekend the plugs. filters and broken stat will be changed. so fingers crossed i'll be on to a winner.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i noticed the weekend that the main intake pipe after the flow meter has a huge split in. so a new one is on its way. i have taped it up for now but it still misfires. this weekend the plugs. filters and broken stat will be changed. so fingers crossed i'll be on to a winner.
An oil change might be in order too. If you've been running rich for a while the excess fuel will contaminate the oil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.