1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been impressed
pick up my 147 tomorrow
changing from celica
do you reckon i've done the right thing?

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
edna said:
been impressed
pick up my 147 tomorrow
changing from celica
do you reckon i've done the right thing?
Of course you have ;) I switched from a Celica to a GT and haven't looked back. Test drove a 147 when I was looking at the GT and the engine's far more refined and great fun :D

Welcome to AO and the fun that is driving an Alfa :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO and to Alfa ownership. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't get my alfa till tomorow(too long to wait)
my last 3 cars have all been celica's
but i think i'm converted already

·
Registered
24,524 Posts
Good luck and happy ownership.

Are you getting out of the current Celica for a new 147 or is it one of the older ones?

What made you finally decide to leave the (anodyne?) security of a Toyota for the seductive charms of a Latino? Oh, hang on, I might have just answered my question for you!:lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, you did answer the question
gone for a red 2003 147 2.0L selespeed lusso 24000mls
it has lots of bells and whistles
and very nice super sport wheels

·
Registered
24,524 Posts
Even though the 147 is quite popular (by AR standards) I'l wager you'll see a lot fewer on the road too.

It's always nice to have a bit of exclusivity.;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you're right
that's one reason i went for an alfa
i've been looking out for them since sunday when i put my deposit down and i havn't seen many, normally when you do that you see loads

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm also rather new to Alfa - got my 147 exactly a week now, and I love it. You see quite a lot 147's here actually, but the red-ones are really rare (got myself a red-one too) - they are lovely in red though, it's THE Alfa color imho, but a lot of ppl go to the boring silver or more common black (but I have to admit - black Alfa + red leather interior = wow).

I'd say - good luck & have fun with it - has been a great week for me, but I still have to take it easy with the car, new engine, first at least 2000km before pushing it to be sure... But well - we're already half-way :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts