Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

Just a quick introduction.

My name is Adam, i'm 23 and on good friday i upgraded from a 95 1.6 ford fiesta to a 2000 2.5v6 156! I must say it is probably the best decision i've ever made! the thing is immense and just soooooo much fun!

i bought it from reading and drove it home to headley down (N.E. Hampshire). I've been glued to the steering wheel since, prizing my hands off just long enough to write this!

i've tried to attach some piccies for you all, although i'm not too sure if they'll work as this is my 1st post on a forum.

:)

S

·
0 Posts
Did u buy that via E-bay if so it looked a real clean example.
Welcome and glad youre enjoying the experience, not quite sure how you got it insured at 23 but well done all the same!!

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi Adam. Welcome to Alfa ownership and to the AO forum. :)

The leap from a 1.6 Fiesta to a 2.5 156 is huuuuge. :eek:

All your new car needs now is a pair of these to clean up the lines a little. ;)

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi Adam & welcome to AO :)

Your pics are great and your car is beautiful!!

After the transition from a 1.6 Fiesta you must be totally in love with the performance and sound of your Alfa V6 engine :cool: ;)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The 156 still looks so good in its original design. :cool:

BTW does it look a bit lower than normal - I assume its a sport pack but still looks lower than normal.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, lovely motor, the V6 is a thing of beauty :)

W

·
0 Posts
Welcome....your car seems to have a problem with it's suspension...or is it the angle of photography? ;)

Gotta agree...Festa to Alfa V6 is a hell of a jump...drive carefully until you learn the car :D

wrinx

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
1.6 ford fiesta to a 2.5v6 156!

You will NEVER go back!!

Welcome to real car ownership......

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Reminds me when I went from a 1981 Mini HL to a brand new 1992 VW Golf. I could not get over it for a while. :cool:

Welcome to AO and that 156 looks great - again be careful with it for a while till you get used to it. :D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome Adam, glad to see the spread of the Virus continues unabated! :) :)

Be careful for the fist while mate, first full pipe overtake on a back road will be "outside lane, HEDGE!, BACK OF CAR IN FRONT!, WHERE THE H*LL AM I GOING".

Good as the JTS is the noise just cannot match the V6 for a closer to your maker experience. :D

I think he drives a GTV6 (original).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hello guys

cheers for the comments!

yeah i got it off ebay, have been looking for a while for a nice tidy v6 and this one fitted the bill. it's got 39K on the clock so hopefully there will be many happy happy years to come!.

insurance wise... got a good price from adrain flux who insured my mates prelude 2.2vtec. good for the younger driver. I think so far its cost me more in petrol than anything! (not that i'm complaining.. small price to pay in my opinion)

dont honestly know if its been lowered but theres another 156 down my road and it does seem lower than that one.. thinks it looks good for being a bit squatter tho'. So i'm happy!

again cheers for the comments guys and i promise i'll look after her!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts