Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Just bought my first Alfa Romeo (Switching from BMW, e92 Coupe). Ever since I drove a 159 Sportwagon 3000km through Europe some years back, I have been waiting for Alfa to come back to the US. I live in the Hudson Valley area of New York State. They slowly but surely returned, took their time to get the models a normal person could afford. Now they finally have a CPO program, so I bought one of the first available CPO Stelvios, a 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport, fully loaded with red interior (would have preferred the Giulia sedan, or even better, a non-existent GTV but the wife, having knee surgery, insisted on a vehicle that was higher off the ground). I must say that, despite my aversion to SUVs and "crossovers" (all just tall wagons IMHO), the Stelvio drives very well and the active suspension coupled with the 2-liter turbo makes daily driving quite enjoyable, and that is coming from 6-cylinder BMW coupe. So, barring any major issues, I am looking forward to enjoying this car for a long time. Maybe I'll even get the GTV if they ever release one in the US.

·
Administrator
86,651 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse gobits, if you have to have a SUV, you've made a great choice.
Cue2......I believe CPO is 'Certified Pre-Owned' in the States.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome.
The Stelvio is a good choice. Can I ask you , what’s a CPO?
CPO: Certified Pre-Owned. It's a program many premium and luxury car companies have. The used car - usually a low mileage end of lease vehicle - is checked by dealer mechanics and "certified" to be in good condition with no issues. These cars typically cost a bit more anywhere from $1k to $2k more than a regular used car from a dealership. The value this "certification" provides for the buyer, is that a CPO car typically has the remainder of the new car warranty (typically a 4 year warranty or 50,000 miles) plus an additional 2 years warranty up to 100,000 miles on everything that was covered under the new car warranty. Sometimes a dealer will also throw in a year or two of free maintenance. There are also often manufacturer rebates and promotional interest rates on CPO vehicles. So, if you're a buyer who wants the new car perks without the new car depreciation, a CPO vehicle can be a good way to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts