Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - just bought my first 159 yesterday - an 11 plate 159 SW 2.0 JTDM and this will now be my main family/work car to go along side my wifes Alfa 156 SW and my toy which is an Alfa 155.

Im a private hire taxi driver working in Hull and this will be the only Alfa taxi in Hull and indeed the only one that ive known in Hull for the near six years ive been doing the job. It replaces a fantastic 2008 Renault Laguna Tourer that has been a really brilliant car and has never let me down so the 159 has big shoes to fill - lets hope it can acheive it!

Ive bought new mats, wind defelectors and some cloverleaf stickers for it which will do for now as first job is to get it through its first taxi test next week - initial impressions are great engine, drives well, spacious inside, looks nice but build quality doesnt seem as good as i expected and the paint seems rather thin looking at the stone chips it has on the lower doors - plans are to get some bigger wheels, possible Brera front bumper, id like roof rails but i think its not possible, brushed chrome door mirror covers too!

Ive added some pics for you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Welcome
If you are on the 18" wheels I'd stick with them as the ride is slightly more forgiving and the tyres are cheaper and there is a wider choice.
Don't know how bad your stone chips are but if not too bad buy a Chippex kit to fill them. Otherwise re-spray and front mudflaps keeps the stones away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts