Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again ,
I have now fitted my new thermostat which has sorted out the temp problem but still the car hunts for fuel and jerks about the place with the injector light coming on then it conked out and i flattened the batt trying to get going again. i am now gonna think maf sensor and get one fitted asap,havnt had time to check plugs as yet but that will happen as well.:rant:
Is there anything else that may cause it to jump about like it needs fuel?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
i think you have destroyed your maf according to other posts ,wd 40 not good for cleaning maf:rolleyes:
have you taken plugs out to check on them:)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Maf is the next step.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant get the car anywhere to have codes read! Is there a part no for a maf anywhere as \i am not sure the one that is on is correct its a bosch0281002300 car was doing exact same before i wd'd it!!
Will check sparks as soon as i get the chance.

·
Registered
729 Posts
the car would start and run without a maf connected, you need the codes reading otherwise your ******* in the wind!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
think I am gonna try that then to see if it still jerks and jumps about , if not then surley the maf is the problem?

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
You have two courses of action here:

1) Throw random parts at it until you stumble on the fault.

2) Get a diagnostic check done & go straight to the cause of the problem.

Guess which one's cheaper?

There are plenty of places around who can do diagnostics - try a Bosch agent, or some mobile auto electricians can do it. Should cost around £30 - cheaper than a MAF or a set of plugs!

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
You have two courses of action here:

1) Throw random parts at it until you stumble on the fault.

2) Get a diagnostic check done & go straight to the cause of the problem.

Guess which one's cheaper?

There are plenty of places around who can do diagnostics - try a Bosch agent, or some mobile auto electricians can do it. Should cost around £30 - cheaper than a MAF or a set of plugs!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Andy40

I found a wee garage down the road with diagnostics......it really opened my eyes....quick & easy !!
That's the way to go.Doesn't have to be an Alfa garage.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts