Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just installed a new headunit into my 164. .... everything is fine except I don't know where to hook up the Blue antenna cable from the new headunit ??????
1. does any of this make sense to anyone.
2. how can I get my antenna to go up and down ........??????

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have a diagram of what the 164's stereo cables are exactly as the are not quite the same as the standard iso cpnectors of the stereo

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh boy still one problem... can't get the power antenna to work ... does anyone know which wire exactly is the antenna (blue/white in new iso connector) however my only choice left in origina 164 wiring is yellow/red ? or yellow/grey?? either way I'll end up with a spare wire ?????
Just to complicate things the aerial cable seems to have two power cables attached to it i.e. part of the insulation on the outside where are these supposed to go ??????
Help very confused ...........

·
Registered
325 Posts
According to the wiring diagram the yellow/red wire is the switch for the antenna. I think the yellow/grey one is for switching on illumination to the unit with the cars lights. Looking at the antenna diagram in the cardisk it looks like you should have a 3-way connector for power/switch/ground , what looks like an earth connector and the ariel lead itself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again PeteH. Looks like you're right. However I bought the car without a stereo and whatever eejit had it before me had pulled out every wire and left it hanging i.e. can't find the three way connector, he had cut the yellow/red from the main connector and hooked up the heavier positive wire for the aerial ?? go figure. anyway nearly got it sorted........ again thanks for the big help ...... have to find somewhere to hook up the power/switch/ground now .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts