Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last the new Spider has arrived in UK.

I drove a 3.2 V6 with manual gearbox yesterday and I want one, though after three years driving a GTA I didn't find it very sporty. Perhaps it's a bit heavy or the engine's a bit stiff still.

Also after seven years driving Selespeeds, I don't want to return to a manual box.

The Qtronic version now appears on the UK price list, but I don't think there are any in the country yet.

I guess the Qtronic box won't compare favourably with the Selespeed.

The Italiaspeed website predicts there will be both a 3.2 V6 Q4 Selespeed and a GTA version this year.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Andy

·
Super Moderator
114,703 Posts
All I know is that the Brera 2.2 is offered with the selespeed and the 3.2 with Q-tronic. I expect the Spider to be offered with the same transmissions as well. The Q-tronic is a traditional auto with some gear selection ability, from what I read. Not sure how the two would compare in terms of performance or reliability.

No news on the GTA yet unfortunately :(

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I'm with you Andy, ( not such a good machine as thine, I know) but once bitten by 'Flick' changes, stuck in the mould. Someone mentioned that your's is a different system to our 147's .That so? Think maybe DavidC has posted this before, but I suffer memory loss, sometimes.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GTA Selespeed is fundamentally the same system as 147 and 156, but it's mated with the six speed box and rumour has that it has a faster processor.

Certainly, AR did a good job mating the selespeed system with the GTA engine.

Just a shame that there are so few in UK.

Reliability still a bit iffy, mine needed a new pump after 2 years.

Fortunately all my selespeed failures have been under manufacturer's warranty.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts