Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - anybody on the forum driving ( or has tried) the new Spider yet ?
saw it at the dealer the other day and I must say it is a beautiful car :cool: , I think the back-end looks much better then the Brera especially with the hood closed !! much sexier !! :inlove:

I'm sure I'll get an avalange of protests from Brera fans on this, but that's what I think anyway

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I really like the Brera, but the Spider is much better looking. Drove the 3.2 one a bit at one of the Alfa Experience days last year, and I liked it. Not stunningly fast, but that's not what it's about - it's not a roadster and I think it's certainly fast enough for a grown-up convertible.

Of course, there'll likely now be a torrent of posts about how much faster the TT convertible is, or how much better value the 350z convertible is, or whatever, but for me that's not the point. It's a lovely thing, and comparing it to something lighter / faster / cheaper does nothing to diminish the car itself.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I really like the Brera, but the Spider is much better looking. Drove the 3.2 one a bit at one of the Alfa Experience days last year, and I liked it. Not stunningly fast, but that's not what it's about - it's not a roadster and I think it's certainly fast enough for a grown-up convertible.

As Jamie said but with the addition of a wonderful noise from the exhaust:D :D :D

R

·
0 Posts
I like it, It looks much better then any of it's class rivals and owning a spider has never been about speed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
im about to buy a £25k Z4 3.0 i think, ready to pay about £25k...

before i do, i shall go drive the spider, it clearly is such a stunning looking car particularly in red.. but im afraid the dynamics of the bm will win the day.. if only it was a bit lighter on its feet & had any sort of residual value, it would have been an absolute sellout..

i fear the day i park next to one and regret my choice.. :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Andy P -- on one hand you soun dlike you already made up your mind about going the BMW way, but there is still a niggly doubt there that you need to eliminate before you can buy and so there should be - the BMW doesn't even come close in the looks department --

I think what you should do is get a test drive in the Spider, drive down to the BMW dealer and put the 2 cars side by side....

no contest as far as I'm concerned, the Spider will win your heart with it smooth flowy and sexy lines..

do let us know your decision

1 - 9 of 9 Posts