Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Has anyone seen the TV ad for the new Spider? I caught it during '24' on Sky on Sunday, and as I was taping the show I've been able to watch it a few more times. Much better than the silly Brera ad....really makes me want one - if only I had 2 fewer children and more hair on top!!!
:lol:
They've obviously timed it to coincide with the launch and the press ads (Autocar etc.) doing the rounds at the mo'.

Tobes

H

·
0 Posts
Missed it :(

But I'll have a trawl and see if I can find it on the tinternet :D

Nice Avatar Life on mars :cool:

·
Administrator
46,090 Posts
You can find it on the visit4info.co.uk website.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,212 Posts
i have seen the advert twice now (fleetingly). My take on it, is that the theme of the ad is 'senses'; the fine detail relating to how things look, smell, feel, sound etc.

If so, then it's nice; alfas being about sensations etc.

g

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
cheers bazza, great ad, lovely car

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I caught it a couple of times last night. Like you said, much better than the Brera add, one can actually see the car this time :)

To be honest, off all the modern Alfa's I think the Spider looks the best - the Brera's rear looks wrong IMHO, but the Spider doesn't have that problem.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I think its great. Dunno the piece of music they use in it, but wasn't it the same as the record that Tim Robbins puts on over the tannoy system in the Shawshank redemption?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I've seen it a couple of times on channel 5, lovely car :cool:

N

·
0 Posts
Thanks Christ!

Finally a decent Alfa UK TV ad!!!

:D

(Could've chosen a better colour though:
Black maybe?) :lol:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I'm not sure Nev, the Brera looks greeat in black, but I do think the Spider looks best in red :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
The background music is from Mozart's opera - The Marriage of Figaro. It is the letter duet or 'Duettino - Sull'Aria' and was used, to great effect, in The Shawshank Redemption (what a film!!).

Personally I prefer one of Mozart's other operas called The Magic Flute but that's just IMOH. There are some amazing duets in that.

Not bad cultural learnings from essex boy to make benefit great nation of Alfa Owner dot com. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL_7KfLph3U

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Thanks for the info'

I notice the European adds that BF linked too don't have the Mozart music - a shame, as I think the Spider add with Mozart is almost the perfect Alfa advert :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the Spider add with Mozart is almost the perfect Alfa advert :)
To be honest that piece of music is so perfect that if it was playing in the background of almost any advert it would sell twice as many. For me, I'm just glad something as beautiful as the new Spider was twinned with one of musics greatest accomplishments. It's just a shame Mozarts masterpiece is in an advert, but then again it has made us talk about his music and people will probably buy it or download it now it has reached the populace.

It's a bit like the Italia 90 World Cup where the aria from Puccini's opera, Turandot, was used. Everyone remembers 'Nessun dorma' (none shall sleep) as the song that gave Pavarotti a cult following in Britian. And it still sounds fantastic, if a little overplayed IMHO.

If you like Mozart then try his opera 'The Magic Flute'. That has quiet a few duets and personally it is my favourite. I was lucky enough to see it at the Hungarian State Opera House when I was quite young and will never forget the experience. Sometimes music can touch the soul, and for me, that is of immeasurable value. :rant:

P.S. Try seeing or, if you can stay the course, listening to the whole opera. It allows you to experience the build-up to all these great pieces and, for me, makes the sophistication of the music understood.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Cheers for the info' Zegalini :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm sold on it, car and Mozart. The music is on the multichanger, one of those Classic FM compilations. When ever I blast it out the wife accuses me of having another of my Italian moments. She's into orchestrial music more than opera.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts