Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...
So I joined back in 2012 as I was waiting delivery of 2.0 Veloce Giulietta in red with the TCT box.. I purchased it from Bauer and Millett of Manchester, sadly now gone out of business with a few must have options. I owned that one for 4 years and thoroughly enjoyed it, great fun drivers car and I can happily report that I had no issues or faults with it over its 60k miles. All it had while I owned it was 2 sets tyres, routine services and a full set of discs and pads. In reflection that was one of the cheapest cars to own for servicing and maintenance I have ever had and I did toy with getting a cloverleaf but my needs changed.

I stayed with FCA and replaced it with a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland in 2016 from Mangoletsi that has also been bullet proof over the 50k miles it has covered with only 2 minor faults, 1 related to the seat rail which that was rectified with a replacement and another related to corrosion on the wheels. Both issues were rectified quickly by Mangoletsi so a good ownership and dealership experience.. a little more expensive to own and maintain that the Alfa but a great car t.

. so.. fast forward to now and the Jeep is moving on now to make way for another Alfa.

I have a new Stelvio Veloce 2.0 280 in Red with Mocha leather which has just today moved to shipped status from Italy.. hope to have it early September so very excited. I bought from Beechdale via Carwow and so far have had a great experience through the purchase phase and am getting great feedback of car's status through build and today to be told it is en-route to the UK.

Since I placed my order, May time, I have seen exactly 2 Stelvios on the road.. a Red 2019 Veloce in Bakewell and a Black 2018 Milano, (I think it was a Milano) near Chester... rare car on the roads.. whereas I probably see 5+ Macan's and 20+x3's and a couple of Levantes every day around my part of Manchester every day

Been reading the Stelvio sub forum and it has made me look forward to owning it even more.. already looking at a few small mods but nothing serious yet.

So hi all, again..

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Hope you don't have to wait too long for the new car.

I bought my Giulietta (June 2001 registered) as an ex demonstrator from Bauer Millet in February 2012. I still have it and it is now close to 100k miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope you don't have to wait too long for the new car.

I bought my Giulietta (June 2001 registered) as an ex demonstrator from Bauer Millet in February 2012. I still have it and it is now close to 100k miles.
Thanks Tony, it will be worth the wait i am a sure.

The Giulietta was a cracking car, I drove mine pretty hard and it was absolutely faultless, I admit that I was wary of the TCT box but needlessly as it worked well, quick shifting and positive. A lot of fun to drive and stand out looking amongst the German and French opposition.

I was sad to See Bauer and Millett go they were a real Manchester icon for unusual motors and had been great to deal with over the years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts