Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had a mare snapping off two of the supporting peices of metal which went through the soft roof of my 1989 series 3 spyder.

Can you suggest where is the cheapest place to get a new or replacement frame and roof please?

:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't think new frames are available but we can probably sort you out with a good used one. As for hoods, they are available new. Contact us at [email protected] (not by "pm" or posting a reply here please, you may not get a reply very quickly!)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
A few years back I did buy a brand new factory frame (still in its original factory packing) with vinyl hood fitted for an S2 spider. Presumably made for US market. Paid £600 for it and was told that the official price was getting on for £2k.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts
german ebay has a frame (odd foto, he must have uploaded some shot from his album! - I would ask for a proper one!)
Alfa Romeo Spider Cabrio Verdeck Gestänge schwarz 89 Bj bei eBay.de: Oldtimer-Teile (endet 02.08.09 19:50:27 MESZ)

and a vinyl (not cloth) top
Alfa Romeo Spider 1750/2000 Verdeck, neu bei eBay.de: Karosserieteile (endet 02.08.09 20:03:14 MESZ)

all starting at one euro! If you get it cheap enough would be worth the postage!??

PS I have asked him to put a couple of fotos of the frame on his ebay page. See what happens!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts